Seto Kaiba

Lilo & Stitch | Live-action | Dean Fleischer-Camp (Marcel the Shell) directs

8 hours ago, Jonwo said:

The Emperor's New Groove is quite hard to cast as well in live action as well.

It's tricky because of the ERB estate but Tarzan would work brilliantly in live action and it's the most successful adaptation of the character financially. 

At least recently.

The Johhny Weismuller Tarzan movies in the 30;s and 40;s were hugely sucessful.

On 8/14/2024 at 3:18 AM, WittyUsername said:

Is there any other 2000s Disney animated movie that would even be worth doing a cynical nostalgic remake for? The only potential one I can think of is Princess and the Frog, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney steers clear of that out of fear of backlash. 

Yeah I think there's way too much to go wrong with a Princess and the Frog remake plus it wasn't that successful initially at the BO. As others mentioned the only one they could think of is The Emperor's New Groove but that would be hard to translate that comedic energy to live action.....which hey has never stopped them before with these movies so maybe they go for it. 

It's not animated but I'd love to see a remake of Newises that is an adaptation of the musical and not the original film. It's one of the few times where the adaptation is more successful than the source material.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's not animated but I'd love to see a remake of Newises that is an adaptation of the musical and not the original film. It's one of the few times where the adaptation is more successful than the source material.

I feel like they will eventually over the next decade. With Bale in the Robert Duvall role, naturally.

One project Disney announced but apparently put into limbo was a ner version of The BLack Cauldron.

The original was a box officer disaster for Disney, and was pretty weak, but the source material books are great, and could make a good series of movies. Problem Disney did with the original was rather then just adapt the first novel, they took stuff from all five of the bookd and tried to cram them into one movie. No wonder it flopped.

The documentary "Waking Sleeping Beauty" goes into the making of BLack Cauldron a little. It shows the head of Disney animation with a set of the five Lloyd Alexancer novels, and saying "First thing was fitting five novels into a single movie" . That is why you failed, youngling.