sfran43

Monday Numbers

1 hour ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

9.5m for Venom

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/10/09/box-office-tom-hardys-venom-should-swing-past-100-million-today/#4dc77983c6a9

Venom notched another big win on Monday, earning around $9.533 million on its fourth day of release and bringing its four-day domestic cume to around $89.8m.

I expected $12m with the same drop as ASIB so, Meh. 

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Family movie vs r rated will have a very different monday drop usually.

Yeh I know, but thought because the Holiday and it’s not playing to families as much, 69% were males were they not? 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

Venom should fall less than 60% in the 2nd weekend imo.

Conservatively,

Tue-Thu

7.0 (-27%)

4.5 (-36%)

4.0 (-11%)

FSS,

9.4 (+135%)

14.1 (+50%)

8.5 (-40%)

= 32.0 (-60%); ~137.5 cume

Then 2x the 2nd weekend more gives it 201.5 dom.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh I know, but thought because the Holiday and it’s not playing to families as much, 69% were males were they not? 

Looking at thursday fan night event/friday night audience cinemascore will give a more male heavy and not has family (and not has elderly) statistics than a movie complete run or just taking the saturday/sunday days into account. I think it was already down to 59% male by the end of the weekend and 64% under 25.

But you are right it is far from a clean 4 quadrant or a 35% family audience like a Tomorrowland, but it is a giant 80M OW, it does not require that big of a percentage to have had a bigger family audience than Wrinkle in Time family audience size. And it is compared to one of the movie that played the oldest for a big weekend ever in Star is Born.

Under 25 audience

ASIB: 14% (and not much of that 14% was under 18)

Venom: 64%

26 minutes ago, a2k said:

Venom should fall less than 60% in the 2nd weekend imo.

You may be a bit too optimistic, I can't imagine it doing much better than that, but we'll see. WOM is obviously far better than anyone dreamed it would be 7 days ago.

I just checked, and one of the XD screens in town is switching to First Man, but the other one is actually keeping Venom all next weekend.

• Like 3