Xillix

CAYOM YEAR 5 - ADVANCE SCHEDULE THREAD

3 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Not sure I get the 13-year-old bit, but I'm really not that petty. Besides, predictions will be taken into account from everyone. I'm not just gonna go around throwing whatever numbers I like at people.

COD is notorious for its fanbase of 12-13 year olds

Here’s some new dates to hopefully alleviate July a bit:

The Scandinavia Chronicles: Baldur’s Brow - February 5th

The Catholic aka Ripper 2 - July 16th

ME3 is TBD until I can find a suitable date for it.

Edited by cookie
  • Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, cookie said:

Ya done hurt Larrikins.

15 minutes ago, cookie said:

I do think a spring-ish date feels more appropriate for a fantasy adventure than core July

13 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I do think a spring-ish date feels more appropriate for a fantasy adventure than core July

I kinda wanted mid-July to be my ”launch big new franchises” date after Scavvy 1 but with February it should have much more room for itself.

My ideal would've been the holidays but there are multiple large epics (one of which is mine lol) there already.

Edited by cookie

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

Move Scandi to the 12th in that case.

I mean if you wanna get double-teamed by two romance-themed blockbusters over Valentine's Day I guess that's your call :P

Edited by Xillix

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Don’t romance movies tend to crater after Valentine’s?

Perhaps (though it also seems both have more to them than just the romance this time 'round). But either way it puts you in a pretty shit position for opening weekend, and even if you have strong holds, a strong hold from not a lot of money is still not a lot of money.

Just now, Xillix said:

Perhaps (though it also seems both have more to them than just the romance this time 'round). But either way it puts you in a pretty shit position for opening weekend, and even if you have strong holds, a strong hold from not a lot of money is still not a lot of money.

Not sure why I’m necessarily the one in a bad position here though.

One is a music-themed superhero comedy so that’s no guaranteed success, the other I don’t know what it’s about yet. And if they’re both geared female they’d be bigger trouble for each other than something that’s geared more male.

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

One is a music-themed superhero comedy so that’s no guaranteed success, the other I don’t know what it’s about yet. And if they’re both geared female they’d be bigger trouble for each other than something that’s geared more male.

No IMAX though.

I considered Valentines Day for Larrikins but opted out for two reasons. 

1.) The 29th offers me longer legs as for obvious reasons

2.) I’d have to potentially compete with mothers for Rock N Roll and Perfect Match and dealing with Scavvies is also a problem.

33 minutes ago, cookie said:

Rock & Roll Heart Attack is not geared female. Not intentionally, anyway. As to the comedy of it, well, not really gonna be any more of a comedy than a typical MCU movie... lots of action and drama with winking humor.

It's also my main OC for Y5 >.>

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Rock & Roll Heart Attack is not geared female. Not intentionally, anyway. As to the comedy of it, well, not really gonna be any more of a comedy than a typical MCU movie... lots of action and drama with winking humor.

It's also my main OC for Y5 >.>

Maybe shouldn’t have included the comedy descriptor there then...

I mean it’s not like I must have the date but I don’t want to hear from anyone if it releases in late January should I move it there.

Edited by cookie

17 minutes ago, cookie said:

Maybe shouldn’t have included the comedy descriptor there then...

Fair enough, though I'd definitely classify most MCU movies as comedies, at least enough for third genre billing.

I just think it's an odd choice to put yours out on the same day as two other major releases that are geared more toward said date when the weekends before and after are pretty empty.