AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

I don't really seriously believe that both films are going to get nominated, even if both of them end up being good enough to deserve to be. One will get nominated, but they're most likely not going to give Pixar two slots. Actually, I can foresee a scenario where one film gets nominated for/wins the Oscar, but the other wins the Annie.

Edited by TServo2049

I don't really seriously believe that both films are going to get nominated, even if both of them end up being good enough to deserve to be. One will get nominated, but they're most likely not going to give Pixar two slots. Actually, I can foresee a scenario where one film gets nominated for/wins the Oscar, but the other wins the Annie.

I think Inside Out probably gets it.
  • Like 1

I had forgotten about that. Though in all seriousness, if Pixar had released a good movie that year, rather than Cars 2, do any of you think DW would have still gotten two nominations?

I'd love to see both films nominated, but that would mean only one of them would win. (Or, as you said, they'll split the votes and something else will win.)

Edited by TServo2049

Actually, now that I think about it, there actually could be a chance that both get Oscar noms, but it has only happened to a studio once (DreamWorks in 2011 - and if Pixar had released a good movie that year, rather than Cars 2, I believe one of those two DW films wouldn't have made it)

I hope they both get norms.
  • Like 5

I want a trailer for both, these Pixar movies seem to be as exciting as pre-Cars 2 movies,I remember having the same excitement for Up several yars ago :D

Other then the pre-Finding Nemo ones(I was young) Up is the only one I didn't see in theaters
  • Like 2

I had forgotten about that. Though in all seriousness, if Pixar had released a good movie that year, rather than Cars 2, do any of you think DW would have still gotten two nominations?

Pixar aside, 2015 in animation doesn't look particularly strong right now. If both movies are high-level Pixar, they should both get nominated.

• Like 1

OW is hard to say. Total domestic is easier to predict in this case. Inside Out 265 Good Dino 230

That seems realistic to me. I think Good Dino has more competition so it will have slightly less legs, but I'm guessing they both open in the 75 million range. I'll give a slight edge to Inside Out, just because it's a summer movie (even though I'm looking forward to Good Dino just a little bit more)  :P

I'd love to see both films nominated, but that would mean only one of them would win. (Or, as you said, they'll split the votes and something else will win.)

DW got 2 nods in 2004, too. And Shark Tale is easily the worst movie they've ever done  :lol: SpongeBob Squarepants Movie should have gotten a nod over Shark Tale. Even Polar Express should have been nominated over Shark Tale.

I could see it happening if both get 85%+ on RT. If not, then just Inside Out. Good Dinosaur doesn't seem like it'll be anything more than a fun family movie, right now. Hoping Pixar surprises me!! 

• Like 1

John Lithgow to Re-Record His Work for Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur

while talking to John Lithgow today about his upcoming release, Love Is Strange, he assured us that The Good Dinosaur is in great shape.  Hit the jump to hear about how the delay affected Lithgow’s work on the film.

Posted Image

When we expressed our disappointment regarding the Good Dinosaur delay and the lack of a Pixar movie this year, Lithgow explained:

“I recorded the entire role in Good Dinosaur.  They have now dismantled it and completely reimagined it, and it is a fantastic new story.  So I’m gonna record again on it within the next month.  Don’t worry.  It’s coming and it’s gonna be better than I ever imagined.”

Clearly there’s some pretty drastic changes going on over there.  This wasn’t just about the Brain Trust stepping in until a replacement could be found.  If they’re having the cast re-record their roles, this must be a complete overhaul.  In fact, Lithgow also made a point of noting:

“But me and Frannie McDormand, we’re still playing Momma and Poppa dinosaur.”

Read more at http://collider.com/the-good-dinosaur-story-details-john-lithgow/