AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

The Untitled Pixar Movie About Dinosaurs“. Here is the official plot synopsis from Disney:

What if that life-changing asteroid missed Earth? Director Bob Peterson’s hilarious tale depicts a world where dinosaurs never went extinct.

The great thing about this project is its release date. We haven't had a Pixar film for the holidays in quite some time, which I think is going to be a real treat. Couple that with the dinosaur theme which has proven to be a well loved and well received subject, along with the good will that Monsters Univeristy will have likely built up during the summer of this same year, and I think we've got a hit.

Question is.. will Pixar really be able to release this in 2 years? Doesn't that seem a bit rushed for Pixar?

The Untitled Pixar Movie About Dinosaurs“. Here is the official plot synopsis from Disney:

What if that life-changing asteroid missed Earth? Director Bob Peterson’s hilarious tale depicts a world where dinosaurs never went extinct.

The great thing about this project is its release date. We haven't had a Pixar film for the holidays in quite some time, which I think is going to be a real treat. Couple that with the dinosaur theme which has proven to be a well loved and well received subject, along with the good will that Monsters Univeristy will have likely built up during the summer of this same year, and I think we've got a hit.

Question is.. will Pixar really be able to release this in 2 years? Doesn't that seem a bit rushed for Pixar?

WE don't know how long they have been working on this. I remember seeing some sketches and clay models for a a dinosaurs movie a few years back.
  • Like 1

WE don't know how long they have been working on this. I remember seeing some sketches and clay models for a a dinosaurs movie a few years back.

Gotcha. Didn't know about those drawings/models. That's awesome. I'm just super excited that we get to have another ORIGINAL Pixar film. I can't wait to catch this during the holidays.

Frozen, huh? I know Pixar prefers short, simple titles but I really think they should've went with one that at least implied dinosaurs were in the movie.

I thought it was a 3D sequel to Frozen, the horror movie that came out last year.

The title of this thread is incorrect. BOM has made a mistake.

Frozen is the new title of Disney Animation's adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen's The Snow Queen:

http://www.hollywood...owney-jr-276088

Disney also announced that the title of a previously untitled movie from Disney animation is now Frozen, and that it will get a wide release on November 27, 2013 and will be in 3D and 2D. The movie is described as a fairy tale, but the studio has not released any other details. It is not the live action movie Matterhorn or a Pixar movie about dinosaurs which is scheduled for release in 2014.

The title change from The Snow Queen (which has been in production since at least 2002) to Frozen was probably inspired by the success of Rapunzel's title change to Tangled. Edited by PatrickvD
  • Like 1

Dammit! I'm not excited for MU or even Brave really. But the Dinosaur and Mind movies look like the most interesting Pixar projects since their Ratatouille-WALL-E-Up streak.But yeah, Frozen sounds like Tangled, and Tangled did really well, so good for The Snow Queen, er, Frozen.

Edited by Gopher

So it got delayed? Godammitsomuch....And what's going on with King of the Elves? Weren't they also planning on that for fall 2013?

I guess Disney will move Elves to fall 2014, unless that Mickey Mouse project is scheduled for 2014. Edited by Safari92