AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

8 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Good-Dinosaur-The#tab=video-sales

I would estimate about 3 million units sold thus far, but I never knew what any of these numbers meant (or how to interpret the home video life)

The-numbers is doing an estimate (most sellers including the 2 biggest WalMart and Amazon data are not public) of how many physical unit were sold and the average price, for the united state alone.

So they estimate that it sold in 2016, 3 million physical unit, those number do not include rental, vod, streaming or any other home entertainment sales, the physical rentals business is rapidly shrinking obviously but is still a 2.5 billion business a year, still a relevant part of the 18.3 billion home entertainment US business.

If the 3 milllion unit is close to reality, it does seem like a really good performance compared to zootopia that made just 55% more while being a much bigger title.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

If the 3 milllion unit is close to reality, it does seem like a really good performance compared to zootopia that made just 55% more while being a much bigger title.

Zootopia was also on Netflix, but The Good Dinosaur wasn't.

4 hours ago, cannastop said:

Zootopia was also on Netflix, but The Good Dinosaur wasn't.

It depend of the market I guess, Good Dinosaur was on my Netflix for a while (like pretty much all Disney release since their Netflix deal):

https://watchnetflixcanada.com/2016/06/07/the-good-dinosaur-available-on-netflix-canada/

If it didn't hit Netflix US, that make is performance relative to the others (SW7, Zootopia, etc...) more logical, it did look quite high.