Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Buzz is extremely low "online"  the only  reason Fallout was talked about more is because of Cavill

And that's the history of this franchise. Nobody talks much about these movies and,  I say that as a massive fan of them,  and they do just fine in the end. Of course that was pre covid this could be another No Time To Die so so domestic and great overseas. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

And that's the history of this franchise. Nobody talks much about these movies and,  I say that as a massive fan of them,  and they do just fine in the end. Of course that was pre covid this could be another No Time To Die so so domestic and great overseas. 

these movies would have strong buzz with bigger actors as villian , get a Denzel or Will Smith as the bad guy , too bad Cruise does not like sharing billing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GOGODanca said:

wish more people were tweeting out reactions

So far, only 10-12 official critic reactions have come out. And none from the UK critics who are still embargoed.

They're stagerring out the reactions to release majority of them even closer to release

2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

these movies would have strong buzz with bigger actors as villian , get a Denzel or Will Smith as the bad guy , too bad Cruise does not like sharing billing

You got a point there.  Where is the Javier Bardem, Christoph Waltz, Mads Mickeslson or Rami Malek of these movies.  Although Phillip Seymour Hoffman won a oscar right before 3 came out and then it became the lowest grossing of the series. No fault of his though of course. 

• Like 3

Just looking at MIssion Impossible OG's opening in May of 96. It had Tuesday  May 21 previews of 3.4 and on Wed it did 8.3 and Thursday it did 6.3.  For the 4 day memorial day weekend it did 56.8 for a total 74.9. 27 years of inflation DR should be way above that in dollars made. Admissions will of course be down. I know times have changed but still interesting. 

• Like 1

I hate to say TOLDJA, but i saw this coming. MI has a ceiling and that coupled with Oppy/Barbie stealing the buzz, it was bound for MI to disappoint. OW will be low and the second weekend drop will be brutal.

There was no reason for this to increase to like 300M domestic as i saw some predicting. TG2 halo effect made no sense. This is a different franchise and Cruise good will from TG2 again makes no sense. He is in the movie business for 40 years. People know what to expect. And good will, imo is  reserved more for directors who make several good movies, the following will increase, like Nolan.

Edited by Maggie
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I hate to say TOLDJA, but i saw this coming. MI has a ceiling and that coupled with Oppy/Barbie stealing the buzz, it was bound for MI to disappoint. OW will be low and the second weekend drop will be brutal.

There was no reason for this to increase to like 300M domestic as i saw some predicting. TG2 halo effect made no sense. This is a different franchise and Cruise good will from TG2 again makes no sense. He is in the movie business for 40 years. People know what to expect. And good will, imo is  reserved more for directors who make several good movies, the following will increase, like Nolan.

Maggie can I ask you a serious question?Are you looking forward to this  movie or not. You seem to want this to fail or underperform and seem to be willjng it to to do that so you can say I told you so. 

5 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Maggie can I ask you a serious question?Are you looking forward to this  movie or not. You seem to want this to fail or underperform and seem to be willjng it to to do that so you can say I told you so. 

Of course i'm looking forward to it. I love the franchise, i take no pleasure in saying TOLDJA. Some predictions (over 300M domestic) were getting out of control and i just called them out

Edited by Maggie
  • Knock It Off 1