SLAM!

El Chicano | May 3rd, 2019 | Briarcliff | Hispanic action thriller from the distributor of Fahrenheit 11/9

Box Office Mojo says this is releasing "wide" on May 3rd, so I guess a thread should be made for it.

They don't have much more tike to market it, but if they play their cards right, this could gross similarly to the Hispanic film Lowriders from 2017.

It boggles my mind that people willingly embarrass themselves publicly like that, both known figures and average joes alike. I guess people have grown just as comfortable with negative attention as positive attention, as long as they're getting attention (See Donald Trump, the Kardashians etc.).

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 9:14 AM, Biggestgeekever said:

I also want to say this isn't the first time he's had a twitter meltdown, but I'm not sure.

I would say it was very far from the first time. I haven't seen a person who hates Trump this much. Carnahan is a great writer, but he posted a lot of dumb shit on twitter, so he really needs some rest from it and spend some time on the actual work.

• Community Manager
On 5/4/2019 at 9:39 AM, Slambros said:

No wonder the film wasn't able to showcase proficient filmmaking and find a larger audience if at least one of the producers is that arrogant/stubborn.

Huh? I saw the movie and the filmmaking was proficient. 

14 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Huh? I saw the movie and the filmmaking was proficient. 

I see what you mean; the trailers don't look that bad. I probably meant storytelling rather than filmmaking.

• Community Manager
23 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I see what you mean; the trailers don't look that bad. I probably meant storytelling rather than filmmaking.

The story they told was fine. The acting was a bit too much and the score could have been more subtle. It's not a great movie, it's not really a bad movie either. It's average. It's too bad Carnahan lost his cool but I could see why: I don't really think the movie got a fair shot by the critics. It's supposed to be a serious dark movie but like if you read some of the criticism it's that the movie is...humorless. Which if that's the intention is not a legit criticism. It's saying that the movie isn't what the critics wanted to see rather than criticizing the movie the filmmakers wanted to make. 

• Like 1