Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

VUE HARROW CINEMA TIMES FOR WEEKEND OF 11TH OCTOBER- 13TH OCTOBER

Previews for Turbo has got the most screenings by miles with 23 showings only on sat and sun. Baggage claim. le week-end and fifth estate all have 14 showings in their opening frames while romeo and Juliet has 12. Machete Kills has an underwhelming 7 showings over the weekend. HOLDOVERS. Last weeks biggest film Blue Jasmine loses a 1/3 of it's screenings meaning Besharam has the most screenings of the holdovers with 11 showings. Runner Runner has actually added a screening this weekend. Long runners Were The Millers, Monsters University, Despicable Me 2 and Planes all are here for another week while The Smurfs 2 is back because of Kids AM. Prisoners, Justin And The Knights Of Valor, white house down and Sunshine On Leith kept hold of most of their screens in their 3rd, 5th, 5th and 2nd weekend. Bollywood movie Boss, animated sequel Cloudy 2 and true story Captain Philips all open or have previews between Monday to Thursday.

THE BAD ONES
Despite a great opening in 2nd place in the chart last week, Filth loses 11 screens this week. After bombing at the box office, How I Live Now has lost all of it's 14 screens and so has Thanks For Sharing. Diana goes after a terrible run though it is back on Wed 16 Oct. Early September hits Rush and About Time go along with the call while DM2's 3D showings are gone. Percy Jackson and Elysium also end their long runs.

NEXT WEEK

Turbo, Captain Phillips and Escape Plan have saturation releases and Prince Avalanche opens in key cities.

VERY EARLY FORECAST

Turbo $4.6M [including previews]

Captain Phillips $3.1M

Escape Plan $1.2M

Films gone- Rush, About Time, despicable me in 3D, Diana [but has 2 showings on Wed 16 Oct], How I Live Now [had 14 screens last week, thanks for sharing [14 last week], the call, percy Jackson and elysium

TURBO 23 [15 2D/8 3D]

BAGGAGE CLAIM 14

LE WEEK-END 14

THE FIFTH ESTATE 14

ROMEO AND JULIET 12

BESHARAM 11
BLUE JASMINE 10
PRISONERS 10
RUNNER RUNNER 10

SUNSHINE ON LEITH 10
WHITE HOUSE DOWN 10
JUSTIN AND THE KNIGHTS OF VALOR 7
MACHETE KILLS 7

DESPICABLE ME 2 4 [All 2D]
FILTH 4

PLANES 4

THE SMURFS 2  4 [2/2]

INSIDIOUS 2 3

MONSTERS UNIVERSITY 2
WERE THE MILLERS 2

Captain Phillips has 7 showings on Wed 16

Cloudy 2 has 4 2D and 2 3D showings on Thurs 17

Boss Has 3 showings Tues, 4 showings Wed, 3 showings Thurs

Im surprised Captain Phillips only has Wednesday previews but not Thursdays.

Its not very often that it's the case anymore is it. I'm guessing it's more due to the strike than anything, with Turbo coming in to fill the void. Turbo and Cloudy will do fantastic business on Thursday. Every time there's been a school strike, animated films have benefited immensely.

Its not very often that it's the case anymore is it. I'm guessing it's more due to the strike than anything, with Turbo coming in to fill the void. Turbo and Cloudy will do fantastic business on Thursday. Every time there's been a school strike, animated films have benefited immensely.

I'm guessing Sony and Fox saw this and took advantage,

I'm surprised about Bad Grandpa being rated 15 as I was expecting rated 18. Maybe not as graphic as the other Jackass movies?

Probably. I was hoping for a 12A but I knew there was a 100% chance of that not happening

Edited by Films

Films I want to see for the rest of this year [bold means I am definitely seeing them and I have arranged it]

[*]Turbo [*]Ender's Game [*]Captain Philips [*]One Chance [unlikely but maybe] [*]Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 [*]Thor: The Dark World [*]Gravity- An IMAX Experience [*]Philomena [*]Last Vegas [Maybe] [*]The Hunger Games: Catching Fire [*]The Counsellor [Maybe] [*]The Butler [Maybe again- saw it in America] [AND ITS GOT A RELEASE DATE AT LAST- 15 NOVEMBER] [*]Free Birds [*]Saving Mr Banks [*]Frozen [*]The Hobbit 2 [Maybe] [*]American Hustle [Maybe, also depends on the certificate] [*]Anchorman 2 [Depends on certificate] [*]The Harry Hill Movie [*]Walking With Dinosaurs [*]47 Ronin/ All Is Lost/ Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit/ The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty [Maybe on all of them]