Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

What about CF? What do people think about its opening? 

I think £11m+, possibly getting into the low teens.

I think 8/9m minimum. It's not got the screens for it I don't think. My locals are giving it the same number as Thor had a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was a shoe in for treble screens. It may on friday, but we'll see next week

It's getting way more showtimes than Thor from what I'm seeing, and some of the full schedules haven't been released yet. CF will also be selling out a lot of evening and night shows on OD, Friday night and Saturday, something Thor didn't do.

It's getting way more showtimes than Thor from what I'm seeing, and some of the full schedules haven't been released yet. CF will also be selling out a lot of evening and night shows on OD, Friday night and Saturday, something Thor didn't do.

To be fair to Thor, that had a Wednesday opening and in half term so most of its demand was burnt off by Friday and Saturday. CF will likely have a similar OD to Thor but a bigger weekend

Read an article that mentions that the live broadcast of Richard II and its encore have made over £1m which is impressive considering it was limited to two showings, prices are a tad more expensive but clearly there's an audience. The Doctor Who 3D simulcast will be interesting as its sold out most screenings but not sure if they'll report the numbers.

Read an article that mentions that the live broadcast of Richard II and its encore have made over £1m which is impressive considering it was limited to two showings, prices are a tad more expensive but clearly there's an audience. The Doctor Who 3D simulcast will be interesting as its sold out most screenings but not sure if they'll report the numbers.

I'm sure the Dr Who number will be reported as they'll like to brag about it. I can imagine it's almost certain to set a record for one off screenings.

do you think it'll do that well in cinemas when it's free on the tv?

It's got at least one sell out at a lot of cinemas already, screenings have been added directly afterwards and there's even Encore screenings have been added for Sunday. I think my local cineworld has added a second screen for the first showing now as well.