Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

True but I would have thought Warner Bros would have just gone the DVD/VOD route rather than a cinema release and still made money, I imagine it'll be a limited release anyway.

Limited is probably right. In the US it's only going to show up in about 250-300 theaters on the opening weekend. (I imagine it could expand beyond that, but it'd need to break out.)

i can't see Veronica Mars doing even as well as Serenity a few years ago which didn't do much.

March is looking like a shocking month for the UK (until the final weekend)

literally the only major film seems to be 300: Rise of An Empire and I think that will open big and then die.

is there anything i'm missing?

Easter's pretty late this year which doesn't help the March schedule much. Then you have Cap, Muppets, Noah and Rio crammed in to 2 weeks, with Spidey 2 weeks later.

And divergentBut agree. March looks awful. 300 2 which will be very frontloaded and grand Budapest hotel which will open small but have good legs. Then escape from planet earth and paranoia which are both released 13 and 8 months away from their American release dates so both will bomb.Second weekend need for speed looks like a disaster waiting to happen, im sure grace of Monaco has been delayed, the stag won't do much and the zero theorem will bomb3rd weekend, Labor Day won't do great, a long way down will bomb hard and about last night will do littleThen there's the strong combination of cap and muppets combined with sure fire bomb the legend of Hercules

I'm surprised Divergent isn't coming until April 4th, having it, Noah and Rio 2 on the same day is ridiculous, I'm more surprised Disney have Captain America and Muppets Most Wanted in the same week. Think Noah or Muppets should have taken the empty March 21st slot,

What opens on April? Why doesn't Disney moves Muppets to there and Lionsgate moves Divergent to there?

4th

divergent

noah

rio 2

the double [limited]

1th

the quiet ones [previews 10th]

the last days on mars

khumba

calvary

raid 2

18th

spidey 2

23rd

the other woman

vampire academy

25th

tracks

transcendence

And divergentBut agree. March looks awful. 300 2 which will be very frontloaded and grand Budapest hotel which will open small but have good legs. Then escape from planet earth and paranoia which are both released 13 and 8 months away from their American release dates so both will bomb.Second weekend need for speed looks like a disaster waiting to happen, im sure grace of Monaco has been delayed, the stag won't do much and the zero theorem will bomb3rd weekend, Labor Day won't do great, a long way down will bomb hard and about last night will do littleThen there's the strong combination of cap and muppets combined with sure fire bomb the legend of Hercules

Don't be so quick to write off need for speed. It looks like fun, people still like fast and furious,so it could tap in to that crowd on a minor level, and I can't see any other dumb fun films around it soon. Also with the Zero Theorem, you can't quite discount Terry Gilliam. While Dr Parnassus didn't do great, this is coming at a point where Python are back in the news again Thanks to their upcoming gigs at the O2. Add in Christoph Waltz and it could pick up a few million.

Don't be so quick to write off need for speed. It looks like fun, people still like fast and furious,so it could tap in to that crowd on a minor level, and I can't see any other dumb fun films around it soon.Also with the Zero Theorem, you can't quite discount Terry Gilliam. While Dr Parnassus didn't do great, this is coming at a point where Python are back in the news again Thanks to their upcoming gigs at the O2. Add in Christoph Waltz and it could pick up a few million.

Maybe im wrong to write off need for speed but IMO it just looks horrible but im about 99% the zero theorem will bomb. It's also only getting a wide release instead of a saturation one. Can't see £1M happening

Maybe im wrong to write off need for speed but IMO it just looks horrible but im about 99% the zero theorem will bomb. It's also only getting a wide release instead of a saturation one. Can't see £1M happening

I would put cash on Zero Theorem making £2m minimum if I weren't poor as fuck right now. Trust me dude, just the python association some will give it more interest than it normally would Thanks to the live shows.

4th

divergent

noah

rio 2

the double [limited]

1th

the quiet ones [previews 10th]

the last days on mars

khumba

calvary

raid 2

18th

spidey 2

23rd

the other woman

vampire academy

25th

tracks

transcendence

I meant to say just April 11. Anyway, it makes no sense to not move Muppets and Divergent to there.

I would put cash on Zero Theorem making £2m minimum if I weren't poor as fuck right now. Trust me dude, just the python association some will give it more interest than it normally would Thanks to the live shows.

I Can see £1.5M max

Bet on this website: If it makes over £2m, I have to change my signature to all zero theorem related stuff and if it finishes under £2m then you [i'll let you choose this part if you want to]

Lego is going to be huge this weekend. Already pre-sales on Saturday are looking way busier than last weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if it more than doubled the previews.

I'm going on Tuesday next week. Can't freaking wait!!!

And Anchorman 2 tonight. Fingers crossed I can fit in at least one other movie next week.