Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Late night business has been so impressive for this. 00:30 Stratford Vue is almost sold out. That just doesn't happen. Very eager for some numbers.

I know we've discussed this before but is surprises me that there is an audience for a screening after midnight especially as it won't finish until 3am. Guess its limited to just Friday and Saturday rather than every day.

An incredible start! Fast Five made £5.3m in 4 days. Fast 6 just made £3m on its opening day. 

And over 3.4m for sat :), Stid down about 45%, Im3 -55%, TGG total with Thu over 3m with that it will probably come in #2 for weekend then STid then IM3

• Like 9

This is by far the most impressive opening of the year. If it had 3d, Imax, a 4 day opening like Trek and IM and more showtimes like they did, this would have matched, or even topped IM3's opening. I'd say this was running at around 60-70% of the number of showtimes IM3 had, which makes it more impressive.

• Like 2

So looking like a 3 day opening around $13.5-14m. Fast Five opened to $8.8m 4 day, and managed a gross of $30.2m. If FF6 followed the same trend, it'd end up somewhere in the $45-50m range. Competition is quite fierce, so anything over $40m would be excellent.

Pretty amazing opening. 

I just realised there's another bank holiday coming up next weekend, and it's also the start of half term, so it should be a massive weekend. Fast 6 could drop sub 50%. That week holiday is going to be particularly strong.

• Like 1