Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

12 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

Why are both these movies looking to drop over 60 percent

Spiderverse only got one week of PLFs at my local, it's already been relegated to just two screens at my 14-screen complex. From what I can see it's still selling really well in those two screens it just sucks that the competition is limiting it.

15 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

Why are both these movies looking to drop over 60 percent

32 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

The drops for the little mermaid and spider verse are horrible what happened 

1 minute ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Spiderverse only got one week of PLFs at my local, it's already been relegated to just two screens at my 14-screen complex. From what I can see it's still selling really well in those two screens it just sucks that the competition is limiting it.

Probably just because Little Mermaid and Spider Verse both benefited from a holiday Friday last week. All English schools were off. 

@Krissykins I know last Friday was holiday  but both the little mermaid and spider verse are going to need big Saturday jumps in order to drop under 60 percent and that’s not gonna happen it just feels like overseas box office in general for the last few films have been really underwhelming or just bad like transformers is supposed to be an overseas skewing franchise yet I don’t even know If rise of the beasts is gonna make that much more than domestic box office for rise of the beasts

26 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

@Krissykins I know last Friday was holiday  but both the little mermaid and spider verse are going to need big Saturday jumps in order to drop under 60 percent and that’s not gonna happen it just feels like overseas box office in general for the last few films have been really underwhelming or just bad like transformers is supposed to be an overseas skewing franchise yet I don’t even know If rise of the beasts is gonna make that much more than domestic box office for rise of the beasts

1. Spiderverse and TLM are doing very well here comparitavely speaking .Especially Spiderverse.

2. Transformers franchise is dead here. Just like F&F. These films only do well in developing markets these days, and even there their popularity is declining. 

3. Weather is too good for cinema. It’s likely having a significant impact on boxoffice. 

Having said that, we’ll probably still see decent jumps today compared to last week as there were no school holidays yesterday. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Unfitclock said:

I think TLM & Spider Verse are doing well here. TLM’s second weekend drop was -15% and Spider Verse obliterated it’s predecessor. They’ll continue to stabilise I’m sure. 

1 hour ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Oof, steep drop for verse. Looks like it's definitely behaving closer a standard CBM than an animated film in most markets.

Is 40%~ Sat -> Sat bad for the UK Market? What would an animated movie look like usually?

2 hours ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Oof, steep drop for verse. Looks like it's definitely behaving closer a standard CBM than an animated film in most markets.

It’s the weather. If it’d been a rainy/cloudy weekend it’d have held a lot better (likewise for everything else). I wouldn’t draw too many conclusions from this weekend for any film.

2 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Weekend

Spider-Verse £4.06m

Transformers £2.46m

TLM £2.12m

GotG £512k

Fast X £475k

Actually decent for Spiderverse considering the weather. Fri-sun is down just over 50%, same for TLM. Assuming films recovered a bit yesterday afternoon/evening due to thunderstorms. 

Awful for Transformers, the franchise is dead here. Might struggle for even £10m.

6 hours ago, Heretic said:

Actually decent for Spiderverse considering the weather. Fri-sun is down just over 50%, same for TLM. Assuming films recovered a bit yesterday afternoon/evening due to thunderstorms. 

Awful for Transformers, the franchise is dead here. Might struggle for even £10m.

Is the weather that big a deal in the UK Box Office? It seems like it can make-or-break certain totals.