Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Les Mis will do very well, the film itself is brilliant. I think it'll be a strong weekday performer with the older audiences, Quarter despite opening at number 4/5 was number 1 on Thursday because of that audience.Les Mis does have some late screenings but I can't see them selling out because of the length of the film with trailers and ads is almost 3 hours.I can see Wreck it Ralph doing very well although £5-6m seems a bit high, perhaps £4m at best, half term wise there only really This is Forty and A Good Day to Die Hard so it'll scoop the kids audience until Oz and The Croods in March.

Edited by Jonwo

Friday report: Les Mis £2.4m start. Saturday is looking stronger. GS £0.5m, tally is nearly £0.8 with Thursday added. Pi is #3 with £0.5m, 46 down from last week. £25m is a lock, what a run. Impossible is #4 with £0.45, 35% drop.Some called me a hater when I was just predicting the obvious, TH collapsed. Its box office run is over, it's on life support from now on. Down to #5, £0.42, 63% drop from last Friday. Will barely pass £50m, but won't come close to TA and TDKR.Texas Chainsaw is #7 with £0.2m, but its tally is £0.8m, so will be ranked at third in the international reports. Reacher took a hit, but its tally is already a healthy £8m. Skyfall remarkable still in the top 10.

Edited by Alfred Unchained
  • Like 1

Very good start for Les Miserables, Gangster Squad started off well, looking like a £2m+ four day opening. The holdovers held up nicely as well. Can't believe Skyfall hanging in there but with so many new releases in the next two weeks, it'll probably drop out soon,