Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Actuals are lower:

Les Mis = £4.4M ($7M) so £17.4M cume.

Django = £2.8M ($4.4M)

Life of Pi = £24.1M after £1.3M weekend.

Hobbit will cross £50M today, amazing gross. 4th 2012 film to pass the elite milestone!

Edited by JCS
  • Like 1

I wonder if Django could stay flat next weekend... I imagine Les Mis and it will both drop under 30% at least though.Pi should also hold very well too and hopefully it hits $45m in the end. It's had an incredible run.Nice for The Hobbit to reach £50m. It will pass The Avengers' £51.6m total for number 3 of the year.The Impossible is also doing incredibly well. Should get to $18m with a shot at $20m still.

1 Les Miserables (Universal) £4,406,828 £17,360,3032 Django Unchained (Sony) £2,801,312 £2,801,3123 Life of Pi (20th Century Fox) £1,201,163 £24,147,4994 The Impossible (eOne) £1,094,321 £9,120,4005 Gangster Squad (Warner Bros) £791,799 £3,890,3426 The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Warner Bros) £765,437 £49,997,2037 Monsters, Inc. 3D (Disney) £681,247 £681,2478 Quartet (Momentum) £355,518 £5,904,5039 Jack Reacher (Paramount) £212,540 £9,126,69510 Parental Guidance (20th Century Fox) £206,060 £4,224,758Zero Dark Thirty and Lincoln this week. Neither one will open very big, but they should have good runs. I'd say maybe £2m for Lincoln...maybe a bit less for ZDT. Not too sure.

I wonder if Django could stay flat next weekend...

I have a feeling Django will stay almost flat too!

Zero Dark Thirty and Lincoln this week. Neither one will open very big, but they should have good runs. I'd say maybe £2m for Lincoln...maybe a bit less for ZDT. Not too sure.

ZDT could open higher than Lincoln too, probably more appealing to non-US audiences though both will do well here. Could both open around £2M I think.

3D re-releases are definitely dead in the UK too, terrible gross for the beloved Monsters Inc. because everyone already has it at home!Had virtually no competition too...

I think Disney need to rerelease films that haven't been shown on television or been on Blu-Ray/DVD for a long time, that's why The Lion King did so well. As for Lincoln and ZDT, I think it'll be close but I think Lincoln has the edge.

Les Mis must be over $30m now, and should fly by $35m over the weekend.That's good for Django considering the deflated opening. Don't see it dropping under £2m this weekend. It could drop under 20%. I saw it yesterday and it was INCREDIBLE. You could tell the audience absolutely loved it. Should get very, very strong WOM.Lincoln and ZDT aren't getting many showtimes. It's more about the legs for them...

I think Lincoln and ZDT will open to around £1.5-2m, which I think will be considered good because I don't think there will be a rush factor, both will pick up momentum as we get closer to the BAFTAS and Oscars.

Maybe the Oscars. Neither of them will win much at the BAFTAs.