Eric Duncan

Wednesday (8/21) Thread | Ready or Not 1.9M OD (inc. 730K previews) | Lion King hits 500

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Uh, the "Hunt for A Man" has been around since the short story "THe Most Dangerous Game" was published in 1926, with a film version in 1933.

Been used hundreds of times.

I know. What I'm saying is it seemed there was enough interest in Ready or Not already, but now it's going to be even more of a go-to with The Hunt being pulled from theatres. Perhaps I should have said it that way in the first place.

12 hours ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 monster ODs for Variações and Angel Has Fallen. This is why NOS Cinemas can tell Universal to eat shit plain and simple. The big bucks come from their cinemas and if Universal movies are not playing in NOS Cinemas then people will simply see something else. Especially if the movie doesn't have Fast & Furious in the title. Good Boys is gonna be a massive bomb. Downtown Abbey, Abominable and Cats next.

One person on Universal's facebook saying Good Boys wasn't playing in Madeira, and Universal mentioning Cineplace Madeira and the dude was all like no thanks. This is amazing. People will side with the theater chain.

Variações is basically Bohemian Rhapsody in Portuguese language but I sure as fuck didn't expect it to hit hardcore like it has. Do you think it could outgross the O Pátio das Cantigas remake as the highest grossing Portuguese film of the decade (and all time, if I'm not wrong)?

Angel Has Fallen doesn't surprise me much, though, because Gerard Butler is king here and the other two did great. But yeah, if these blockbuster numbers don't teach Universal not to mess with the fucking God of Portugal's entertainment media (well, maybe not that dominant because Altice/Meo have a big stake too, but still), then I don't know what does.

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Variações is basically Bohemian Rhapsody in Portuguese language but I sure as fuck didn't expect it to hit hardcore like it has. Do you think it could outgross the O Pátio das Cantigas remake as the highest grossing Portuguese film of the decade (and all time, if I'm not wrong)?

Angel Has Fallen doesn't surprise me much, though, because Gerard Butler is king here and the other two did great. But yeah, if these blockbuster numbers don't teach Universal not to mess with the fucking God of Portugal's entertainment media (well, maybe not that dominant because Altice/Meo have a big stake too, but still), then I don't know what does.

No, it can't. Pátio das Cantigas was just a beast of a different kind. Variações missed some cities entirely (Figueira da Foz, Torres Vedras, Montijo, Paços de Ferreira, etc), which NOS Cinemas surely regrets by now as it switched the movie to the biggest screen on nearly every theater where it is. 

Because of the theater count difference, Angel Has Fallen was actually first yesterday. It was below Variações in nearly every theater where both were playing tho. Meanwhile Good Boys was 10th place for the day below Ready Or Not :hahaha:It honestly feels like the movie isn't even playing in theaters at all.

Edit: it is happening again, in the places where Variações didn't switch screens it just got another show added tonight.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1