RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

If Sony had a shred of confidence in this, they would have bumped it to May (where a Marvel movie, whether Disney, Fox, or Sony, has kicked off the Summer for every year the last 20 years) rather than keeping it in February.

Expecting Morbius-tier reviews.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

If Sony had a shred of confidence in this, they would have bumped it to May (where a Marvel movie, whether Disney, Fox, or Sony, has kicked off the Summer for every year the last 20 years) rather than keeping it in February.

May is packed right now anyway, but it doesn’t matter, because this is obviously going to bomb. 

• Like 1

This timetable makes sense considering the red carpet premiere is February 12.

Considering the talks of potential walk-ups for Madame Web on V-Day, I'm half expecting more of those walk-up audiences to opt for the Anyone But You V-Day special release since it's a more V-Day friendly movie and those audiences having likely already seen it, it's a movie they already know they enjoy vs. Madame Web which they risk not enjoying for V-Day. I can't help but feel like the potential stinker they have with Madame Web is why they're doing a special V-Day release for Anyone But You since they're from the same studio.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Not *every* year for the past 20 years. 2004-2006 didn't kick off the summer movie seasons with Marvel movies. And then there was 2020 and 2021 for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

May is packed right now anyway, but it doesn’t matter, because this is obviously going to bomb. 

Anybody not wearing Spiderman/CBM fan blindes shoud have seen this had bomb written all over it from day one.

And SONY is clearly dumping this keeping marketing money to a minimum. The idea they are saving up for a huge last minute push is pretty silly.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dudalb said:

Anybody not wearing Spiderman/CBM fan blindes shoud have seen this had bomb written all over it from day one.

And SONY is clearly dumping this keeping marketing money to a minimum. The idea they are saving up for a huge last minute push is pretty silly.

The notion that they're doing it to hide spoilers is silly. Infinity War and Endgame were considered pretty spoiler heavy and both of those movies had their embargoes drop three days before release, not one day.

21 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Has anyone even suggested that they’re doing this to hide spoilers? I haven’t seen anyone assume that. As far as I can see, pretty much everyone is expecting this to be garbage. 

I’ve seen some say they’ve heard that.

• Like 1

We’ve seen the cast do promos for the movie and I’m sure we’ll see more people at the red carpet premiere on Monday, but Dakota seems to be the only one doing press and interviews. Unless I missed something.

Edited by Jay Beezy

On 2/6/2024 at 5:10 AM, Bob Train said:

Came to thread to post this but this is the first comment I saw, so I guess..

• Like 2