TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

If this is really the case and it doesn’t improve. I will say these are likely the reasons.

-the musical aspect (which it’s announced as over a year ago I believe) is turning people off

-many people thought the first movie was an actual Joker origin movie and we were going to see this Joker face/off with Batman. Obviously, that is not the case, so a lot of interest is no longer there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Idk man that feels optimistic. I feel like WOM will be ass. Do you think 55M/115M is possible?

I am sticking with the OW will be huge, but the drop off after that will be epic.

2 hours ago, Opium said:

The first rumors were claiming that violent direction in the script, it was suggested by worldofreel that occasionally has infos that it would have been ‘A Clockwork Orange’ kind of movie, then Grace Randolph was the first anticipating the musical thing months later, I’m sure lot of changes have been done with the script including during the filming with Joaquin rewriting scenes at the last minute (confirmed by Gaga in the Vogue interview).

Phillips was trolling with takes like how about we take Joker and add him in worlds of classic type films. Luckily we won't get to see Joker in The Age of Innocence now. That's where he would have gone with the third part lol.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I am sticking with the OW will be huge, but the drop off after that will be epic.

Huge, OW did you see the presale data??? The pessimistic case is Marvels and the optimistic case is Black Adam. OS could maybe do OK, but this will be a massive bomb domestically. 

Edited by HummingLemon496

8 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Idk man that feels optimistic. I feel like WOM will be ass. Do you think 55M/115M is possible?

anything is on the table at this point. Honestly MTC1 data was really troubling and Jat's data was just abysmal. @Flip Friday numbers are also really concerning. Don't think IM will be very good. 

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Huge, OW did you see the presale data??? The pessimistic case is Marvels and the optimistic case is Black Adam. OS could maybe do OK, but this will be a massive bomb domestically. 

I just thnk the fanboy and curiosity factor will be enogh to push this up to the  80/90 Million  level. But think the drop off after that will be of epic proportions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Saw something about SK 10M admits. Wonder how crazy OS can go? I think $500M OS, $180Mish DOM

11 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Letterboxd is 3.1. That's mid, especially for a starting score

Any audience score before release is meaningless, nobody saw the movie outside Venice film festival, it's mostly bots fighting with 1 and 10.

44 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

If this gets toxic WOM, can this miss $100M DOM? I'm not joking, this is looking like Marvels/Flash numbers.

Concern trolling?

2 hours ago, Opium said:

The first rumors were claiming that violent direction in the script, it was suggested by worldofreel that occasionally has infos that it would have been ‘A Clockwork Orange’ kind of movie, then Grace Randolph was the first anticipating the musical thing months later, I’m sure lot of changes have been done with the script including during the filming with Joaquin rewriting scenes at the last minute (confirmed by Gaga in the Vogue interview).

Oh yeah, "A Clockwork Orange" or "Natural Born Killers" would do the trick, basically the movie where bad guys are not punished for their actions, that's what media considers dangerous, a bad guy successfully getting away without moral message.

Just now, HummingLemon496 said:

Did you see the presale numbers? They're terrible. And I don't think WOM will be good. Something like 6.5*6.5*2.2 would place this below $100M DOM.

It's not doing less than $100M DOM even in catastrophic scenario and it won't have worse multi than Ayer's Suicide Squad. Whatever pre-sales are, it'll likely recover to a certain extent closer to release.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

It's not doing less than $100M DOM even in catastrophic scenario and it won't have worse multi than Ayer's Suicide Squad. Whatever pre-sales are, it'll likely recover to a certain extent closer to release.

This is giving me deja vu to when people were defending The Flash's poor early presales.

Keaton walk ups. . .

It will pick up because DC isn't frontloaded. . .

Wait for word of mouth. . .

It can't miss 2x legs in the summer. . .

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 2

Just now, HummingLemon496 said:

This is giving me deja vu to when people were defending The Flash's poor early presales.

Keaton walk ups. . .

It will pick up because DC isn't frontloaded. . .

Wait for word of mouth. . .

It can't miss 2x legs in the summer. . .

2x legs mean the movie is completely rejected across the board which won't be the case here. BvS was trashed and rejected. Suicide Squad was trashed as well, but still managed to do 2.35 multi. This one has much better reviews than those 2 got.

12 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Did you see the presale numbers? They're terrible. And I don't think WOM will be good. Something like 6.5*6.5*2.2 would place this below $100M DOM.

YOu and I agree about the ultimate fate of Joker 2 a big fail at the box office, but diagree abut the timing. I still think it will be able to eke out a big OW but do a fast collapse job after that.