Eric Lasagna

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

Buddy, if someone is watching the SECOND season of a D+ MCU show, they are still deep into this shit and aren't gonna just stop watching the movies.

I genuinely don't know what the argument is, especially since nobody made the argument that Hawkeye hurt No Way Home

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I genuinely don't know what the argument is, especially since nobody made the argument that Hawkeye hurt No Way Home

Yeah, these aren't watercooler types of shows like GOT was and you had to watch it that night to avoid missing out on the conversation.  

If they are super into it, they can watch it as soon as it uploads which will not get in the way of The Marvels in the slightest.  

I remember when Mando season 1 was going and I wake up super early, between 5-6, and there would be shit all over twitter for people that couldn't wait. 

I’m tired of all the TV shows discussion but honestly i really hope The Marvels stands by itself 

Because if people actually need to watch Secret Invasion to fully get it then they have a problem because this show is pretty much a critical and commercial disaster

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Yeah, these aren't watercooler types of shows like GOT was and you had to watch it that night to avoid missing out on the conversation.  

Even those type of big shows don't have any noticable impact on box office. The only TV events movies try to move out of the way from are like the Super Bowl, several orders of magnitude above any regular episode of TV

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Less hyped projects can't hurt more hyped projects. Ms. Marvel couldn't hurt L&T, Moonknight couldn't hurt MoM, and Hawkeye definitely couldn't hurt NWH.

32 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Less hyped projects can't hurt more hyped projects. Ms. Marvel couldn't hurt L&T, Moonknight couldn't hurt MoM, and Hawkeye definitely couldn't hurt NWH.

Wait a second, you're claiming Loki, a show with zero trailers for the next season currently, is "more hyped" than a theatrically released sequel with a trailer out for months? You gotta be kidding me man. 

So you admit there are multiple instances where the shows and movies have released at the same time and it has had zero effect on the box office? You realize you just debunked your own argument.

1 hour ago, Elegiental said:

First I thought SI would be good and connect to this a lot and I was happy.

Then I thought it would be good and not connect much and I was sad.

Now I think it won’t connect much and I’m happy.

Secret Invasion might connect more with Captain America: Brave New World and Thunderbolts more than The Marvels. It’s likely getting a follow up with Armor Wars too.

Edited by ZattMurdock

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Wait a second, you're claiming Loki, a show with zero trailers for the next season currently, is "more hyped" than a theatrically released sequel with a trailer out for months? You gotta be kidding me man. 

So you think that Loki show is not more hyped than The Marvels. Ok

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So you admit there are multiple instances where the shows and movies have released at the same time and it has had zero effect on the box office? You realize you just debunked your own argument.

Read my comment again.

54 minutes ago, Willowra said:

So you think that Loki show is not more hyped than The Marvels. Ok

So I think the TV show with maybe a few seconds of footage released is more hyped than the sequel to a billion dollar movie, no I really dont

You have provided more examples of your theory not being true than you have of it working. Please, give any example of an episode of TV affecting box office in any provable way

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

You have provided more examples of your theory not being true than you have of it working. Please, give any example of an episode of TV affecting box office in any provable way

I've already said to you that less hyped shows/movies can't hurt more hyped shows/movies. There hasn't been any MCU show till now that has had more hype than movies; Loki is the only one we can think of, but BW was also a hyped MCU project at that time as it was the first MCU movie of this new Saga. So we don't have any examples yet. But more hyped movies of a genre hurt the box office of less hyped movies of the same genre; for example, SV2 hurt The Flash's box office and Thor Ragnarok hurt Justice League because the CBM audience is the same and they don't have either time or money to spend on every CBM project in the same month.

27 minutes ago, Willowra said:

I've already said to you that less hyped shows/movies can't hurt more hyped shows/movies

And I've said "prove it". Prove your claim. You are saying a TV show can hurt a film at a box office. Provide an example. All the things you're talking about with Spider-Verse allegedly hurting Flash (it didn't, it failed on its own) are two movies. You are saying that TV shows can hurt box office of films yet refuse to provide any example of this ever. Happening. At all.

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

And I've said "prove it". Prove your claim. You are saying a TV show can hurt a film at a box office. Provide an example. All the things you're talking about with Spider-Verse allegedly hurting Flash (it didn't, it failed on its own) are two movies. You are saying that TV shows can hurt box office of films yet refuse to provide any example of this ever. Happening. At all.

The Marvels' box office will prove my point as well as Bob Iger's as it will be the first time that a more hyped show will run on Disney+ and a less hyped MCU movie will run in theatres at the same time.

Edited by Willowra
  • Knock It Off 1

46 minutes ago, Willowra said:

The Marvels' box office will prove my point as well as Bob Iger's as it will be the first time that a more hyped show will run on Disney+ and a less hyped MCU movie will run in theatres at the same time.

No, nice try. You're not just gonna pin any drop from one movie to another on Loki and say "that's obviously why it made under a billion". The fact that every single time I've asked you to back up your claim that a single hour long episode of tv will hurt a movies box office, and each time youve only provided examples of how that has never actually been a thing, proves it's a load of shit. Come on now man. there is ZERO correlation for this absolutely buckwild claim you are making. This assertion that Loki is apparently so popular a single episode of his show will make people boycott Marvels is ridiculous. Bigger shows than Loki don't have that kind of impact on box office. Your quadrupling down on this very dumb assertion is very annoying.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

No, nice try. You're not just gonna pin any drop from one movie to another on Loki and say "that's obviously why it made under a billion". The fact that every single time I've asked you to back up your claim that a single hour long episode of tv will hurt a movies box office, and each time youve only provided examples of how that has never actually been a thing, proves it's a load of shit. Come on now man.

Dude is somehow convinced the general public still gives a shit about the MCU shows lmfao most regular people I know just wait to see them when they want to, like mom just now got around to watching Loki S1 (she really liked it!) so I sincerely doubt it will do literally anything

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LegionWrex said:

Dude is somehow convinced the general public still gives a shit about the MCU shows lmfao most regular people I know just wait to see them when they want to, like mom just now got around to watching Loki S1 (she really liked it!) so I sincerely doubt it will do literally anything

Like if Loki was truly popular enough to disrupt box office of movies the week it premieres, it'd likely help The Marvels not hurt it, because it'd need to be an absolute grand slam for any TV show to move the needle

Edited by SpiderByte

38 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

An important hint that goes into the theory that her bangles / nega bands are actually shackling her mutant powers instead of giving them:

Notice how her bangles are gone now that she is a mutant.

In the comics the bangles don't do anything. That was made for the show.

• Like 1