Eric Quinn

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

11 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

No, nice try. You're not just gonna pin any drop from one movie to another on Loki and say "that's obviously why it made under a billion". The fact that every single time I've asked you to back up your claim that a single hour long episode of tv will hurt a movies box office, and each time youve only provided examples of how that has never actually been a thing, proves it's a load of shit. Come on now man. there is ZERO correlation for this absolutely buckwild claim you are making. This assertion that Loki is apparently so popular a single episode of his show will make people boycott Marvels is ridiculous. Bigger shows than Loki don't have that kind of impact on box office. Your quadrupling down on this very dumb assertion is very annoying.

It is not possible to argue with you further, as you're not even agreeing with the fact that Loki is more popular than Captain Marvel. Loki has been in the MCU for the past 13 years; his show was the most watched D+ show, and its viewership was even higher than the f*king Captain America show. Should I expect another dumb comment now that Captain Marvel is more popular than Captain America too? First, accept the fact that Loki is a more popular character and his show is more hyped than The Marvels, and then we can argue further.

2 hours ago, Willowra said:

It is not possible to argue with you further, as you're not even agreeing with the fact that Loki is more popular than Captain Marvel. Loki has been in the MCU for the past 13 years; his show was the most watched D+ show, and its viewership was even higher than the f*king Captain America show. Should I expect another dumb comment now that Captain Marvel is more popular than Captain America too? First, accept the fact that Loki is a more popular character and his show is more hyped than The Marvels, and then we can argue further.

You cannot provide literally one example of your claim that a TV show has ever impacted box office in the past. Literally zero. Loki is popular, yes, but it is not so popular that it can impact box office. You're clearly a giant Loki fan, but you need to accept that TV and movies operate at totally different calibers. The effect you are describing and insisting will happen does not demonstrably exist.

Edited by SpiderByte

Not too interested in the subject, but I think Loki generates enough hype and discourse and I think its finale combined with The Marvels release is gonna benefit both of them.

As for Echo, don't think it has much impact either way, movie is gonna be on its 4th weekend by then.

11 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

You cannot provide literally one example of your claim that a TV show has ever impacted box office in the past. Literally zero. Loki is popular, yes, but it is not so popular that it can impact box office. You're clearly a giant Loki fan, but you need to accept that TV and movies operate at totally different calibers. The effect you are describing and insisting will happen does not demonstrably exist.

Loki will overshadow The Marvels on November 10th, as the audience is the same for both. It will divert people's attention from the Marvels as more hyped comic book projects, whether a movie or a show, always overshadow less hyped projects. There is no example yet because this is happening 1st time that a more popular mcu show finale is dropping with a less popular mcu movie. Come November 10th and see yourself.

2 hours ago, Willowra said:

Wait a minute!  You mean to tell me that the Loki series had more viewers than the Steve Rogers-less Captain America show that wasn't even a Captain America show until the very end?!

• Astonished 1

Just now, Deep Wang said:

Wait a minute!  You mean to tell me that the Loki series had more viewers than the Steve Rogers-less Captain America show that wasn't even a Captain America show until the very end?!

Everyone knew that Sam Wilson is the new Captain America; they knew he had been the new Captain America since Endgame

2 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Everyone knew that Sam Wilson is the new Captain America; they knew he had been the new Captain America since Endgame

Ignoring other factors(like the show being titled, "Falcon and Winter Soldier")you think that since everyone knew, they were just going to be immediately into a new Captain America?  

18 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Loki will overshadow The Marvels on November 10th, as the audience is the same for both.

Yes, which is why it's far more likely someone will see both rather than one boycott the other. Youre insistence that this will happen is not based on any evidence 

Edited by SpiderByte

5 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Ignoring other factors(like the show being titled, "Falcon and Winter Soldier")you think that since everyone knew, they were just going to be immediately into a new Captain America?  

Are you trying to say that Captain Marvel is more popular than the MCU's new Captain America?

6 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Are you trying to say that Captain Marvel is more popular than the MCU's new Captain America?

Are you trying to say Sam Wilson is just as popular as Steve Rogers?

More specifically, that Anthony Mackie's Sam Wilson is just as popular as Chris Evans' Steve Rogers?

Edited by Deep Wang

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Are you trying to say Sam Wilson is just as popular as Steve Rogers?

No I'm not saying that. I'm saying Loki is more popular than even new Captain America & Captain America is more popular than Captain Marvel & hence CM can't be more popular than Loki.

Edited by Willowra

18 minutes ago, Willowra said:

No I'm not saying that. I'm saying Loki is more popular than even new Captain America & Captain America is more popular than Captain Marvel & hence CM can't be more popular than Loki.

This is pointless because according to the ratings of the shows, She-Hulk is just as popular as Hawkeye!

How many millions of people do you think are going to watch the Loki finale?

9 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

This is pointless because according to the ratings of the shows, She-Hulk is just as popular as Hawkeye!

What's surprising about this? Hulk is definitely more popular than Hawkeye so She Hulk can be more popular than female Hawkeye.

9 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

How many millions of people do you think are going to watch the Loki finale?

Loki's cumulative viewership I think was 23m in US and that's huge for a tv show.

Edited by Willowra

10 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Oh, so like less than 4m per show on average, gotcha!  

No total viewership 23m lmao, total number of people who've watched this show. But many watch in groups with friends & families so actual viewership could be even higher than that.

Edited by Willowra

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

Well then maybe it should be, since he's WAY more popular!

Loki's been prominently featured in 4 major MCU blockbusters and has major cameo roles in 2 more films. I'd argue Loki and CM are on the same (high) tier of interest/awareness for MCU characters. I hated the show but it's clear that a scaled up version of it could have been a big blockbuster film.