The Wild Eric

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

19 hours ago, Willowra said:

1. Captain Marvel wasn't great; it was just an okay movie. If they had made a great movie like Iron Man, GOTG, or Deadpool, things would have been different for The Marvels today.

It made over one billion dollars.

2. A section of Marvel hardcore fans hate or dislike Captain Marvel/Brie Larson for various sexist and non-sexist reasons.

Right wing chuds who are mad that Brie is a woman aren't a big enough group to impact box office. That didn't affect any of the movies she's appeared in before, why would it now?

3. Marvel Studios is treating her as just another character, probably because they want to first establish her as a team player and a flawed character before giving her any importance in the future.

This one makes absolutely zero sense.

5. Marvel didn't establish her in the MCU when they had that chance in Endgame. Less popular=less interest.

She was the main lead in a movie that came out one month before Endgame, and has appeared since in Shang-Chi and Ms Marvel.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It made over one billion dollars.

What does it have to do with the quality of the movie? I'm not saying the movie was bad; I said it was just an okay movie. I think the majority of people agree that CM wasn't a great movie.

17 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Right wing chuds who are mad that Brie is a woman aren't a big enough group to impact box office. That didn't affect any of the movies she's appeared in before, why would it now?

I disagree. The box office of the first movie doesn't prove anything. Even her hardcore haters watched that movie to understand Endgame.

18 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

This one makes absolutely zero sense.

This is one of the main reasons why the hype for the movie seems low. If GA had considered CM a big character, The Marvels wouldn't have been the least watched trailer of this saga.

19 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

She was the main lead in a movie that came out one month before Endgame, and has appeared since in Shang-Chi and Ms Marvel.

In the MCU, characters become popular after getting big roles in Crossover or the Avengers movie. She had just a 5-minute cameo in Endgame, not enough to get established in the MCU.

9 minutes ago, Willowra said:

She had just a 5-minute cameo in Endgame, not enough to get established in the MCU.

I don't know why you keep insisting she "isn't established in the MCU" when she has had several appearances including a billion dollar movie that she is the star of

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

This film should be a tax write off Batgirl style. 

The difference here is that Batgirl is an irrelevent character, whereas Captain Marvel is the leader of the Avengers in comics. It's like saying the Superman movie should be a tax write-off Batgirl style.

9 hours ago, Willowra said:

The difference here is that Batgirl is an irrelevent character, whereas Captain Marvel is the leader of the Avengers in comics. It's like saying the Superman movie should be a tax write-off Batgirl style.

Idk, more people know who Batgirl is than Captain Marvel

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I think until arguably extremely recently Batgirl was the most recognizable female superhero behind Wonder Woman

Captain Marvel has surpassed that. I mean, Marvel has surpassed everyone. I was blown away the other day when a girl that never even had any mentions watching superhero films was planning to go as Night-Spider for a Halloween party. 

Black Cat is a famous Spider-Man character, but Night-Spider, a Spider variant where Felicia gets bitten by a radioactive spider instead of Peter exists since last year. It’s just wild how much mainstream has embraced these characters and worlds.

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

New trailer with Barbie apparently 

smart

Crazy smart. Very excited for it. I’m a big believer that a rising lifts all boats, and I feel like the success of Wonder Woman had a ripple effect with Captain Marvel. If Barbie blows up and Marvel Studios are able to sell this film for the female crowd, it could be a massive hit, one that BOT keeps underplaying. Looking forward for the trailer.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Crazy smart. Very excited for it. I’m a big believer that a rising lifts all boats, and I feel like the success of Wonder Woman had a ripple effect with Captain Marvel. If Barbie blows up and Marvel Studios are able to sell this film for the female crowd, it could be a massive hit, one that BOT keeps underplaying. Looking forward for the trailer.

Yeah i don’t buy the bomb takes either 

Certainly i’m not expecting to get close to the first one but if it’s good i think it should do well 

I quite liked the first teaser, have more personality than the entire first movie. It does have the same vibes of Love and Thunder but hopefully Nia will actually execute it well instead of treat it like a big fat joke only

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

New trailer with Barbie apparently 

smart

Awkward timing with the actors' strike commencing. I guess they're sticking with that November release after all. The marketing is going to get a huge blow, but I guess they've made up their minds. The Marvels might be the last Marvel movie for at least another year as a result. Maybe a small hiatus will help with the recent franchise fatigue.

24 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Awkward timing with the actors' strike commencing. I guess they're sticking with that November release after all. The marketing is going to get a huge blow, but I guess they've made up their minds. The Marvels might be the last Marvel movie for at least another year as a result. Maybe a small hiatus will help with the recent franchise fatigue.

They’re keeping normality, lots of trailers dropping this past few days 

Exorcist trailer also coming with Oppenheimer 

Doesn’t seems like Hollywood is worried at all with delaying things because of lack of actors to promote them

3 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The actors strike will have absolutely no affect on trailers. Press tours yes, but hopefully by October this will be over so that won't be an issue.