Kalo

When do you plan on going to the movies again?

When will you step foot in a theater again?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. When will you go to the movies again?

• As soon as theaters open up again
    • July When Tenet is released
    • August with the release of Wonder Woman
    • Not until the Holiday season maybe for Dune or No Time to Die
    • Not until 2021
    • I have already gone to the movies (where and when)
    • Once Covid-19 is eradicated or there is a vaccine
    • Never

Well it's looking like movie theaters will pretty much be all open come mid next month, some are already open and many will be the next couple weeks, but the question remains when will you return? there is talk of shortening or having no window for Theater to streaming releases. Universal already plans to release movies in theaters and on VOD simultaneously. for someone who loves going to the movies as it is a major part of my childhood and a way to escape and enjoy a story on the big screen as a result I think this is a bad idea. I know people are still pretty shaken up. and I can understand if you're wanting to wait a bit. but going to the movies is an experience and experiencing it with others in a crowded theater on the big screen opening night cannot be replaced. lets not allow this time for us to loose connection with each other and be fearful of gatherings, it is a pert of the human experience. I have been writing about all the films I've seen on my Instagram you can read them through #292daysathemovies. (alexfarr90). let me know what you think. 

Edited by Kalo
typo

My local theater is still closed, but I plan on going once Tenet is released in July. I might go a bit sooner if they play something old I really want to see. although my state is kind of late to the outbreak, so I think it is just now starting to go down, so I will probably wait till mid July anyways, but once the virus dies down, like it already is starting to a lot of places, I plan on going as much as possible to support theater owners. remember studios are multi billion dollar company's and most of them will be fine and go to streaming or whatever, it is theater chains and especially small and independent theater owners that stand to lose the most.

Edited by Kalo

I think I will go to the movies after the quarantine. I'm really looking forward to it. This year my life has changed because of the coronavirus. Most of my plans I could not realize. I planned to move to another apartment, more spacious and more expensive. But because of the pandemic, I lost my job because the company could not withstand this crisis and closed. I started looking for another job, but it was not easy to do because of the situation in the world. I found a part-time job, it's good that at least there is one. It is clear that I stayed to live in an old apartment. The situation with money is not the best. Until recently, I was thinking where I would get money for gifts to relatives, fortunately https://mr.bet/at helped to earn. I hope in 2021 the situation will be better.

• Sad 1

I've been to see three movies in theaters over the past month (A Quiet Place 2, Cruella, In the Heights) and will be seeing a fourth (F9) this weekend. That's gonna be more than the three trips I made to the multiplex (Tenet, Wonder Woman 1984, Godzilla vs. Kong) over the 14 months between the lockdowns and getting fully vaccinated in time for the return of movies.

I never stopped. LOL   

I don't wear masks in the theater because we don't have to in my state (as of now). The only limiting factor is the supply of theater worthy films. Shang Chi and Bond are on my near-term to-do list. 

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 9:00 PM, lilmac said:

I never stopped. LOL   

I don't wear masks in the theater because we don't have to in my state (as of now). The only limiting factor is the supply of theater worthy films. Shang Chi and Bond are on my near-term to-do list. 

They just reinstated a local mask mandate in my town, but hat is only for 30 days I think, didn't need to wear a mask for a while before that and my theater has been opened at full capacity since May I believe. I saw Tenet (Sep) The Broken Hearts Gallery (Oct) and WW84 (Dec) last year after theaters opened. went 10 times in 2020. the lowest since like 2005 for me I think. This year I have seen 11 so far.