kayumanggi

DHD Saturday (03.31): 26.2 M THE HUNGER GAMES | 13.0 M WOTT | 07.9 M MM

http://www.deadline....o-1m-midnights/

SATURDAY PM, 7TH UPDATE: It’s another huge weekend for the North American box office with $150M, or +25% from last year. Lionsgate’s humongous holdover The Hunger Games won the weekend domestically and internationally again despite two new major releases opening against it. Warner Bros/Legendary Pictures’ 3D action fantasy sequel Wrath Of The Titans failed to come close to the original’s grosses, while Relativity Media’s Snow White comedy Mirror Mirror failed to lure families. Both received ‘B+’ CinemaScores from audiences even if critics were at best lukewarm. Meanwhile, we now know how low Disney’s $200M writeoff John Carter will go: it will be lucky to reach $70M domestic. Starting its 4th weekend in release, this disaster is already discounted at Valley Plaza 6 in Van Nuys for $2 before 6 PM and $3 after.

This weekend’s Top 3 films (rest of Top 10 below)

1. The Hunger Games (Lionsgate) Week 2 [4,137 Theaters] PG13-RatedFriday $18.8M, Saturday $26.2M, Weekend $63.5M (-59%), Cume $253.5M

2. Wrath Of The Titans 3D (Legendary/Warner) NEW [3,545 Theaters] PG13-RatedFriday $12.4M, Saturday $13M, Weekend $34.6M

3. Mirror Mirror (Relativity) NEW [3,603 Theaters] PG-RatedFriday $5.8M, Saturday $7.9M, Weekend $19.3M

Edited by kayumanggi

She will bump that number to 32M and then 2 hours later she will drop it to 19.2M.Nikki and her sources were about as accurate as blind monkeys trying to hit a fucking dart board yesterday.

Edited by Magic

Not bad, sub 65m wknd 2m pretty much makes my 3.0 multiplier guarantee mute, My last post here will be next sunday, expect a surprise ;) Edited by B J

Not bad, sub 65m wknd 2m pretty much makes my 3.0 multiplier guarantee mute, My last post here will be next sunday, expect a surprise ;)

Don't go! That was a stupid heat of the moment thing that no one even took seriously! Besides there's still hope for 400 which would still be a massively awesome achievement for it. Edited by MovieMan89

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT WRATH OF THE TITANS DID NOT HIT 40M; IT IS OBVIOUSLY A GREAT MOVIE AND THE NUMBERS ARE A LETDOWN. THAT SAID, I HOPE AND EXPECT THAT THE OVERSEAS NUMBERS CAN ASSURE A 3RD MOVIE.