Eric Duncan

Untitled Harry Potter Series | HBO Max

On 4/24/2023 at 4:19 PM, Brainbug said:

I dont stand for the Harry Potter movie slander.

I love all 8 movies. Some have much more flaws than others (CoS, GoF, HBP), one is a legit masterpiece (PoA), some range from very good to great (SS, OotP, DH1 & 2), but all of them are a treasure. How many book adaptions are there that mostly adapted the story so well? Nothing ofc will ever come close to LOTR-levels of adaption, but the Harry Potter movies are damn fine and still hold up very well.

Guy, you are entitled, of course. to like what you like, but this whole "How dare anybody not love what I love" shitck is getting old,old.old.

I think the Potter  movies are a mixed lot. Some are very good, some are, well, meh.

On 4/24/2023 at 5:41 PM, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

They absolutely were. Just because some acting choices didn’t fit in with your vision of characters doesn’t mean it wasn’t a largely faithful adaptation. 

This.

I did not agree with all the choices that Peter Jackson made adapting LOTR, but overall it was a faithful adaptation.

Now the Hobbit films are another matter.

Main problem with some Potter films is that huge cuts that were made from the later,longer novels.

I still regret the cutting of Hermoine's campaign for equal rights for the House elves, SPEW.since it made the usually clever Hermoine make a total fool of herself.

On 2/25/2024 at 10:16 AM, kayumanggi said:

DID they scrap the "More detailed remake of the original novels" idea?

And 'Decade of New Stories" is one hell of big promise to make as least as far as quality goes.Maintaining high quality over a whole decade is going to be very, very, hard.

On 3/15/2024 at 6:08 PM, dudalb said:

DID they scrap the "More detailed remake of the original novels" idea?

And 'Decade of New Stories" is one hell of big promise to make as least as far as quality goes.Maintaining high quality over a whole decade is going to be very, very, hard.

No, there was a big WSJ(?) piece a month ago that revealed WB has clean rights to make a "Harry Potter book series" adaptation while Rowling can veto other ideas and that's clearly motivating this decision.

13 hours ago, dudalb said:

SO we can presume that the idea of remaking the original novels as a Tv minisereis is pretty much dead?

Hard to tell? What are you seeing.