Purple Minion

ENCANTO | 154.4 M overseas ● 250.3 M worldwide

Deadline: In like-for-likes globally, Encanto was the highest-grossing weekend for an animated title during the pandemic. Encanto is also the highest animated opening of the pandemic in Brazil, France, Spain, Belgium, Indonesia, Argentina, Ecuador, Central America, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay and Uruguay. The film saw the Latin America region taking No. 1 openings across the board for the top launch weekend for any animated release during the pandemic.

So it did relatively well in the rest of Latin America outside Mexico 😶

With the upcoming release in China it will most likely surpass Croods 2 as the highest grossing animated film of the pandemic (excluding Demon Slayer), and let's see how long it will last as Sing 2 will almost certainly surpass it

I was recently cheking some of Encanto's international numbers and, my god, what a terrible disaster

If they had advertised the main song of the film from the beginning (as it happened with Let It Go in Frozen) it probably would have reached the 300M worldwide, and we wouldn't have seen horror results like 9M in UK, 5M in Mexico and 6M in Japan...

Link youtube

Disney's youtube channel has released a short clip announcing the return of Encanto to theaters, following its 3 Oscar nominations

The film is currently at 94M in Usa/Canada and 145M in the rest of the world for a $239M total (and in Colombia it's in the top 10 of all-time), let's see how far it will go

Sometimes I don't understand why some movies work and some don't. This movie in particular goes from "What" to "Wow," while you are watching it. It has more things going for us Adults than those Kids who may not understand it all, now. I could relate to more than one character's and that's good enough for me. Everybody's Fav song is - "Pressure" or "Bruno" but the song - Dos Oruguitas, which went off radar before nominations - is beautiful. The contrast of how Mirabel saw her in beginning vs. how she herself felt of that loss... overall, A great movie - It's right there with UP & Coco for me. I could relate to more than one songs to deeper levels, maybe many people who saw it were too busy Judging it.

3 hours ago, MG10 said:

Link youtube

The film is currently at 94M in Usa/Canada and 145M in the rest of the world for a $239M total (and in Colombia it's in the top 10 of all-time), let's see how far it will go

I hope, it gets some good boost. In Colombia, It is #8 of ALL TIME and Hopefully, It will be pushed to gain 4M Attendance (Oscar Win will finally do it). 

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 1