Eric S'ennui

Despicable Me 4 | July 3, 2024

https://deadline.com/2022/02/despicable-me-4-migration-get-release-dates-from-illumination-universal-1234956816/

Illumination and Universal have set release dates for their forthcoming animated films Migration and Despicable Me 4.  The latest installment in the top-grossing Despicable Me franchise is set for a wide release on the wide-open weekend of July 23, 2024. Both films are taking up slots inhabited by previously announced, untitled Illumination Animated Films.

The Despicable Me franchise, launched in 2010, follows Gru (Steve Carell)—a reformed super-villain who ultimately becomes a father, husband, and secret agent—and his yellow-hued pack of Minions. Despicable Me 4 marks Illumination’s 15th feature film collaboration with Universal, and will see Carell reprising his role, alongside Kristen Wiig, Pierre Coffin, Miranda Cosgrove and Steve Coogan. Chris Renaud (Despicable Me 1 and 2, The Lorax, The Secret Lives of Pets 1 and 2) is directing, with veteran animation director Patrick Delage (Sing, Sing 2, The Secret Life of Pets 2) co-directing from a script by White, and Meledandri producing.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 10:17 AM, YM! said:

Tbh I think they’ll do that and the girls as adults.

lol nah... this is illumination. They don't have ambition like that.

Anyways I think this is just going to cruise to $200 m domestic and make a crap ton of money overseas because that's what these movies always do for some reason. This will be the 6th freaking movie for this franchise.

I don't know why these movies beat a sequel curse when say... Pets 2 didn't beat it.

9 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seems kind of obvious this is where the future of the franchise is heading.

The next few DM movies will likely be legacyquels (with this one being Vector’s return and the girls growing up), with likely the middle kid (Edith?) taking up Gru’s villainous legacy in future films while the Minions movies will be about Gru growing up alongside the Minions.

9 minutes ago, YM! said:

Seems kind of obvious this is where the future of the franchise is heading.

The next few DM movies will likely be legacyquels (with this one being Vector’s return and the girls growing up), with likely the middle kid (Edith?) taking up Gru’s villainous legacy in future films while the Minions movies will be about Gru growing up alongside the Minions.

I for one cant wait to see what whacky shenanigans the Minions got up to during the Yugoslav wars. 

1 minute ago, WorkingonaName said:

I for one cant wait to see what whacky shenanigans the Minions got up to during the Yugoslav wars. 

They’ll find some way to stop it like them conveniently being trapped in a cave during the World Wars. They’ll be too busy at the time helping Gru through college. 

Spoiler

So rumors suggests that the movie is basically Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie with Minions getting superpowers and are being used by the Anti Villain League (which confuses me as the Minions are biologically suited for evil) and Gru and his family go under witness protection in a new neighborhood with a newborn son.

1 hour ago, YM! said:
  Reveal hidden contents

…What?

On 12/30/2023 at 7:41 AM, YM! said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The plot leak is real and no Vector returns. There’s leaks of the new characters and the new villains.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YM! said:

The plot leak is real and no Vector returns. There’s leaks of the new characters and the new villains.

1.5B is now officially off the table.

In all seriousness, not a huge fan of the synopsis but maybe it’s better in execution.