Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

30m would be a huge jump over THG, THG3 could reach 45m, maybe 50m B)

I doubt there will be big increase next year, especially if CF will do well this year.

Catching Fire will lose steam on December 12th with the release of Frozen.

It'll lose it much earlier, even though there is no decent competitor, there is huge number of wide releases, 3 ~1K copies movies coming out before Frozen, all local.

We should wait at least for OD result to start thinking about legs.

December 19th

18th, actually(preview :D). Hobbit had 2128 screens last year, it is uncertain whether it's going to pull up that number this year.

55m for The Hobbit 2 (yes I believe in it)

With much stronger competition(~10 really strong wide releases to compete with), even 45m will be a break through.

I doubt there will be big increase next year, especially if CF will do well this year.

It'll lose it much earlier, even though there is no decent competitor, there is huge number of wide releases, 3 ~1K copies movies coming out before Frozen, all local.

We should wait at least for OD result to start thinking about legs.

18th, actually(preview :D). Hobbit had 2128 screens last year, it is uncertain whether it's going to pull up that number this year.

With much stronger competition(~10 really strong wide releases to compete with), even 45m will be a break through.

Or Hobbit 2 will crush this competition given how big it is, not necessarily the other way around :P

I remember about $12.2m, they probably modified this number given exchange rates or something :P

Or mzybe I'm wrong but it's not easy to admit :P

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=R2&id=hungergames.htm

Exchange rate was better, not the other way around. So even $25m for CF will be more than double.

It would be better if we just added all currency's in one number, crazy, i know, but more precise.

According to ekinobilet HG:CF earned ~$15k yesterday))

Edited by Cosmonaut

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=R2&id=hungergames.htm

Exchange rate was better, not the other way around. So even $25m for CF will be more than double.

It would be better if we just added all currency's in one number, crazy, i know, but more precise.

According to ekinobilet HG:CF earned ~$15k yesterday))

So I was wrong, really weird :(

Because the OD number will reflect the whole day, so it's not significant.

And CF won't beat Thor 2, nobody expected it. The Avengers effect is difficult to beat.

OD is not significant?

Thor didn't had the proper OD, so in order to pull up 30m+ CF needs to at least match Thor's formal OD.

Edited by Cosmonaut

OD is not significant?

Thor didn't had the proper OD, so in order to pull up 30m+ CF needs to at least match Thor's formal OD.

Don't forget : I said $25m for CF, so that would go my way, even if I deliberately chose a low range in order to be not disappointed :P

we'll see who's right

conservative or positive take soon enough

I dont pay attn to ratings that early but wom is def good from what little Ive read on forums/twitter so Im optimistic

my screening already doesnt have vacant seats in the middle :lol: Not that i care. I usually prefer to sit somewhere on the side anyway

checked some other cinemas & there are really great presales for the evening showings

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

we'll see who's right

conservative or positive take soon enough

I dont pay attn to ratings that early but wom is def good from what little Ive read on forums/twitter so Im optimistic

my screening already doesnt have vacant seats in the middle :lol: Not that i care. I usually prefer to sit somewhere on the side anyway

checked some other cinemas & there are really great presales for the evening showings

Great :)