Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

I want to be optimistic about Frozen given it's the only big animation release this quarter, and I know it's cliché but all this snow and this universe should appeal to Russians from a cultural point of view ^^

It's not the only(there are local animation on Dec. 26th - ~25m locked - main competitor, and Walking with Dinosaurs + Tarzan), besides, Frozen may earn even 30m+, but it needs to survive until new year weekend, Disney wants to show movie on New Year, but it'll be difficult since they start December 12th, but it is possible if movie will be really good and admissions will be great.

Anyway, 20m locked, planning copies grew by 100, from 1300 to 1400, Disney channel pays off with heavy marketing months before the start(i think they are responsible for at least 10% of Thor's gross).

It's not the only(there are local animation on Dec. 26th - ~25m locked - main competitor, and Walking with Dinosaurs + Tarzan), besides, Frozen may earn even 30m+, but it needs to survive until new year weekend, Disney wants to show movie on New Year, but it'll be difficult since they start December 12th, but it is possible if movie will be really good and admissions will be great.

Anyway, 20m locked, planning copies grew by 100, from 1300 to 1400, Disney channel pays off with heavy marketing months before the start(i think they are responsible for at least 10% of Thor's gross).

I see, I underestimated the competition :(

Still, I think it can easily best them.

Almost 4m for Saturday according ekinobilet.

THG grossed $30k.

what is CF projected opening and total?

At least 12m for OW, min 24m total(my prediction is 30m).

On our main movie site, Kinopoisk(imdb-like, but better in a way), movie is in top 250 on 152 place - http://translate.google.ru/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kinopoisk.ru%2Ftop%2F%23152&act=url.

Edited by Cosmonaut
  • Like 1