Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Guardians is totally overrated.Boring movie.I'm a little surprised with international success.In USA I undestand, they love teen dumb humor.

There is always someone saying a phenomenon is overrated,to say "you see..I'm different! I'm beyond that!" but at the end of the day these people are always a very small minority so people won't remember their opinion.

• Like 1

There is always someone saying a phenomenon is overrated,to say "you see..I'm different! I'm beyond that!" but at the end of the day these people are always a very small minority so people won't remember their opinion.

Not exactly a phenomenon: Marvel and comic books, explosions, weird characters, colors, alliens, explosions.

Guardians is totally overrated.Boring movie.I'm a little surprised with international success.In USA I undestand, they love teen dumb humor.

1. you sound to me like you are trying to provoke or to prove something not related to the movie(s)

2. your language / reasoning style isn't welcomed by me and I guess by others neither

Not exactly a phenomenon: Marvel and comic books, explosions, weird characters, colors, alliens, explosions.

'Wow....' - how generalized.

• Like 1

1. you sound to me like you are trying to provoke or to prove something not related to the movie(s)

2. your language / reasoning style isn't welcomed by me and I guess by others neither

'Wow....' - how generalized.

It seems to be some newcomers lately (in both domestic and international forums) who only signed to bash that movie, instead of having decent conversations about BO matters...sad

• Like 1

I never liked Marvel super hero movies. Not sure about GOTG because I don't watched it yet.

But you are surprised about the success??  :o 

After Avengers, nothing that comes from Marvel will flop.

It seems to be some newcomers lately (in both domestic and international forums) who only signed to bash that movie, instead of having decent conversations about BO matters...sad

Every surprising movie has this kind of guys,they feel the need to show they're not like the mass,to show they're different to feel better and superior.Even when it's about videogames.But in the end,who remembers them?Nobody,only the overwhelmingly dominant group is remembered.
  • Like 1

I never liked Marvel super hero movies. Not sure about GOTG because I don't watched it yet.

But you are surprised about the success??  :o 

After Avengers, nothing that comes from Marvel will flop.

That sounds not like a sound reasoning to me

Especially as a lot of GotG viewers even didn't realize via the titles.... this being a Marvel movie, eve less this being a Marvel Studio movie. You should read some of their reactions, as they found out, some boards are full of the ones trying to find out afterwards how this can be even match to the others, including their baffled comments... including about missing the titles ~ within the movie

My theory is, people have a preconception about something (in this case it seems often 'it's a Sci-Fi...) via trailers or... , are sometimes still not really in the movie watching mindset after the first few minutes (e.g. distracted by day-to-day-live details....) and simply need some time to immerse. And miss so some details. Or are simply not interested enough in that detail.

Partly also a lot distracted, hence a lot of the question also being about details explicit explained in the movies (as in not only for GotG counting)

It's a bit like with Thor 1 in Europe:

Thor is a rather well known figure in northern Europe's mythology. Kenneth Branagh at the time of its release a rather known actor/director for his work with older source material, see Shakespeare....

I heard a lot of people leaving the cinema and also later on speaking about him taking an ~ interesting/unusual/... kind of approach to take on the old myths material. Even years later I met people still believing that.

=> Some people watch a movie for its actors, some for its directors, some for the basic story (like cop-/sport-/war-movies)... and now some for its studio or source material.

Also a point: 'Marvel' is not only to see before MCU movies, do you realize how many people still have not realized the differences?

Beside:

me, rather one out of the ~ 5% of the oldest users at this forum, and in RL having contact for some reason to a lot of age-groups / people, I still haven't found anyone who even liked all Marvel movies, the most still have not even seen all of them and will not see it, if the basic story of the movie doesn't interest them.

Not to forget:

the general audience does not usually even read in a movie related forum, let alone write in one. Don't conclude out of the reactions of a small minority the reasonings of the fast silent majority...

That sounds not like a sound reasoning to me Especially as a lot of GotG viewers even didn't realize via the titles.... this being a Marvel movie, eve less this being a Marvel Studio movie. You should read some of their reactions, as they found out, some boards are full of the ones trying to find out afterwards how this can be even match to the others, including their baffled comments... including about missing the titles ~ within the movie My theory is, people have a preconception about something (in this case it seems often 'it's a Sci-Fi...) via trailers or... , are sometimes still not really in the movie watching mindset after the first few minutes (e.g. distracted by day-to-day-live details....) and simply need some time to immerse. And miss so some details. Or are simply not interested enough in that detail.Partly also a lot distracted, hence a lot of the question also being about details explicit explained in the movies (as in not only for GotG counting) It's a bit like with Thor 1 in Europe:Thor is a rather well known figure in northern Europe's mythology. Kenneth Branagh at the time of its release a rather known actor/director for his work with older source material, see Shakespeare....I heard a lot of people leaving the cinema and also later on speaking about him taking an ~ interesting/unusual/... kind of approach to take on the old myths material. Even years later I met people still believing that.=> Some people watch a movie for its actors, some for its directors, some for the basic story (like cop-/sport-/war-movies)... and now some for its studio or source material.Also a point: 'Marvel' is not only to see before MCU movies, do you realize how many people still have not realized the differences? Beside:me, rather one out of the ~ 5% of the oldest users at this forum, and in RL having contact for some reason to a lot of age-groups / people, I still haven't found anyone who even liked all Marvel movies, the most still have not even seen all of them and will not see it, if the basic story of the movie doesn't interest them. Not to forget:the general audience does not usually even read in a movie related forum, let alone write in one. Don't conclude out of the reactions of a small minority the reasonings of the fast silent majority...

You don't need to defend the movie. It's a hit. Why You need that everybody like it?I didn't like it. I find it generic and overrating.Some critics find it "new" just because some scenes are almost videoclips (old music, some dance).I

You don't need to defend the movie. It's a hit. Why You need that everybody like it?I didn't like it. I find it generic and overrating.Some critics find it "new" just because some scenes are almost videoclips (old music, some dance).I

See thats the strange thing with prejudgment, it's twists the in normal situations neutral perception to something else:

=> I didn't 'defend' the movie....

Try to re-read the text with that detail in mind, you might realize than better what the text is really about

That sounds not like a sound reasoning to me

Especially as a lot of GotG viewers even didn't realize via the titles.... this being a Marvel movie, eve less this being a Marvel Studio movie. You should read some of their reactions, as they found out, some boards are full of the ones trying to find out afterwards how this can be even match to the others, including their baffled comments... including about missing the titles ~ within the movie

My theory is, people have a preconception about something (in this case it seems often 'it's a Sci-Fi...) via trailers or... , are sometimes still not really in the movie watching mindset after the first few minutes (e.g. distracted by day-to-day-live details....) and simply need some time to immerse. And miss so some details. Or are simply not interested enough in that detail.

Partly also a lot distracted, hence a lot of the question also being about details explicit explained in the movies (as in not only for GotG counting)

It's a bit like with Thor 1 in Europe:

Thor is a rather well known figure in northern Europe's mythology. Kenneth Branagh at the time of its release a rather known actor/director for his work with older source material, see Shakespeare....

I heard a lot of people leaving the cinema and also later on speaking about him taking an ~ interesting/unusual/... kind of approach to take on the old myths material. Even years later I met people still believing that.

=> Some people watch a movie for its actors, some for its directors, some for the basic story (like cop-/sport-/war-movies)... and now some for its studio or source material.

Also a point: 'Marvel' is not only to see before MCU movies, do you realize how many people still have not realized the differences?

Beside:

me, rather one out of the ~ 5% of the oldest users at this forum, and in RL having contact for some reason to a lot of age-groups / people, I still haven't found anyone who even liked all Marvel movies, the most still have not even seen all of them and will not see it, if the basic story of the movie doesn't interest them.

Not to forget:

the general audience does not usually even read in a movie related forum, let alone write in one. Don't conclude out of the reactions of a small minority the reasonings of the fast silent majority...

That's a huge text...

All my friends will watch it because this is marvel.

But I know that there's a lot of people that will watch it because it has action, or because they liked some character in the trailer, or something else.

Still, it's all Marvel. They know how to attract people.

That's a huge text...

All my friends will watch it because this is marvel.

But I know that there's a lot of people that will watch it because it has action, or because they liked some character in the trailer, or something else.

Still, it's all Marvel. They know how to attract people.

I guess your friends and you use a lot more often as some of the people I know the Internet...

Not all people out of all age-groups or usual interests.... / background use it as much as others or for the same reasons ;)

=> nothing wrong with both 'versions' to use it or... simply another way

I think Marvel increases awareness but it's a double edged knife.  

If people admit that many people will see this because it's Marvel, they should also admit that many others won't see this because it is precisely from Marvel's brand and they tend to lump every single movie produced by that company as the same trash.  

They won't give it a try, they won't see a CA because they hated an IM3 and it is produced by the same studio... or will come into it with heavy preconceived feelings already and ready to hate.

So it's a two way streets.  You just can't blame one group of people who will follow Marvel and give a try to a property they normally wouldn't if it wasn't from them, because they love what Marvel generally put out there and have faith in the brand to deliver while in the same way, dismiss or not blame the other party who will systematically complain or criticize or belittle any movie produced by Marvel based on their own negative opinion on Marvel's past products.

Everyone has the right to love or hate a movie based on the faith or negative opinion of the brand under which the movie is produced.

It's just unfortunate that those who put faith in the brand are blamed for it....like you wouldn't chose a product based on a brand you have faith in, in real life.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2

I think Marvel increases awareness but it's a double edged knife.  

If people admit that many people will see this because it's Marvel, they should also admit that many others won't see this because it is precisely from Marvel's brand and they tend to lump every single movie produced by that company as the same trash.  

They won't give it a try, they won't see a CA because they hated an IM3 and it is produced by the same studio... or will come into it with heavy preconceived feelings already and ready to hate.

So it's a two way streets.  You just can't blame one group of people who will follow Marvel and give a try to a property they normally wouldn't if it wasn't from them, because they love what Marvel generally put out there and have faith in the brand to deliver while in the same way, dismiss or not blame the other party who will systematically complain or criticize or belittle any movie produced by Marvel based on their own negative opinion on Marvel's past products.

Everyone has the right to love or hate a movie based on the faith or negative opinion of the brand under which the movie is produced.

It's just unfortunate that those who put faith in the brand are blamed for it....like you wouldn't chose a product based on a brand you have faith in, in real life.

:huh:

Do you think I'm saying it in a bad way??? There's nothing wrong with watching a movie because it's from Marvel. I never said that.

What I'm saying is that in BO Marvel always delivers.

But honestly, I don't know if this comment is directed to me, or Ajbg.

Edited by xSabrinax

I guess your friends and you use a lot more often as some of the people I know the Internet...

Not all people out of all age-groups or usual interests.... / background use it as much as others or for the same reasons ;)

=> nothing wrong with both 'versions' to use it or... simply another way

A lot of people use internet today.

But even if people don't use it, they will watch a marvel movie. They don't need to look at the brand.

A lot of people use internet today.

But even if people don't use it, they will watch a marvel movie. They don't need to look at the brand.

You should read the MPAA reports and also be aware about a lot of people still have not even a PC or other Internet-connecting devices or even a TV.

Not only bcs of not having the money, the regional possibilities or... a lot chose to so, as they do not think highly of the quality. But still watch movies in the cinemas, especially with friends

General audience = not film fans in general and also not really interested in studios, directors, usually are not even knowing the names of anyone beside a one or a few actors...

And there are a lot more of reasons... but I try to stay with shorter texts for now.

:huh:

Do you think I'm saying it in a bad way??? There's nothing wrong with watching a movie because it's from Marvel. I never said that.

What I'm saying is that in BO Marvel always delivers.

But honestly, I don't know if this comment is directed to me, or Ajbg.

No, i dont think you say that in a bad way and i wasn't thinking of you when i wrote that.  

It just a behaviour i have seen countless of time where it's more a case of people who don't like Marvel who question the taste or belittle the taste of those who do while those who love Marvel don't necessary criticize those who don't for not loving Marvel.

Again, it's a two way street.  Many criticize people for watching Marvel's movies because of their brand alone but yet never consinder the other side of the same coin where some people automatically dismiss a movie on the sole premise that it is Marvel produced.