Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Don't expect too much - it wasn't really a flop in Germany/Austria but definitely a disappointment, given the appeal of the character. From trailers, it looked bland.

Oh no, I didn't expect something from it, but I just remembered this cartoon I watched as a kid on TV, and still Maya is probably much older than me ^^

The value of the Ruble is still decreasing despite it reached all-time lows already, that's not good for Interstellar next week.

Well, ticket prices don't stand still too. Compared with a summer period they increased almost 20%

Edited by Denizzo
  • Like 1

Well, ticket prices don't stand still too. Compared with a summer period they increased almost 20%

20%? That's bigger than I thought, that would explain why the numbers in RUB are still good.

However the value of the ruble has decreased by more than a third so +20% can't offset this, and the ruble is still decreasing at the time of writing.

I didn't know Maya still existed. That show was one of the staple kids shows of my childhood then it just disappeared.

we def remember watching this as kids

my sis even took pic with the poster when we went to see "Before I Go to Sleep:lol:

good result for BH6!

Dracula passed 20mln, Gone Girl 10 mln.

:wub:  :wub:

Happy holidays to my fellow countrymen (posters & lurkers :P ) !

3445263-5a263e7e8da63e58.png

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 3

How does it compare to Ralph and Tangled in RUB?

Not that this means much, but here is what I whipped up in the domestic/general thread (as you've already seen):

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/4266-big-hero-6-november-7-2014-first-look-at-hiro-baymax-page-33-new-trailer-page-89/page-111#entry1745667

Doing the same thing with Tangled results in a $9.7M equivalent, giving Big Hero 6 with $10.3M a 6% advantage, which is good because the former was a strong performer OS for an original animated feature.

Maybe somebody who is more familiar with the Russian box office could do a more meaningful analysis, but in any case the movie seems to be doing alright.

• Like 1

Not that this means much, but here is what I whipped up in the domestic/general thread (as you've already seen):

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/4266-big-hero-6-november-7-2014-first-look-at-hiro-baymax-page-33-new-trailer-page-89/page-111#entry1745667

Doing the same thing with Tangled results in a $9.7M equivalent, giving Big Hero 6 with $10.3M a 6% advantage, which is good because the former was a strong performer OS for an original animated feature.

Maybe somebody who is more familiar with the Russian box office could do a more meaningful analysis, but in any case the movie seems to be doing alright.

That's good to see these numbers for BH6, it's a great start for this movie and it's a good omen for its performance in its new markets this week.

• Like 1

we def remember watching this as kids

my sis even took pic with the poster when we went to see "Before I Go to Sleep:lol:

good result for BH6!

:wub:  :wub:

Happy holidays to my fellow countrymen (posters & lurkers :P ) !

3445263-5a263e7e8da63e58.png

Hobbit 3 soon, I know you're excited :P

As I already said no official numbers till Wednesday.

My weekend estimates.

1. Big Hero 6 4.72 mln - 10.37 mln total

2. Fury 3.59 mln

3. Gorko 2 2.53 mln - 10.1 mln total

4. Serena 680k

5. Before I go to Sleep 570k

6. Dracula 567k - 20.66 mln total

7. Maya The Bee 557k

8. Gone Girl 469k - 10.53 mln total

9. Stoneheast Asylum 417k - 1.56 mln total

10. The Judge 403k - 4.01 mln total

11. The Northmen 300k - 1.38 mln total