Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

You already put top 25 in the first post. Battleship landed between Clash of the Titans and Fast Five. Quite a strong company.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger TidesShrek Forever AfterAvatarOnly these movies had more than $20m OW in Russia :o Tough task for The Avengers, but I'm sure Ice Age 4 can do it.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger TidesShrek Forever AfterAvatarOnly these movies had more than $20m OW in Russia :o Tough task for The Avengers, but I'm sure Ice Age 4 can do it.

I would say it is totally impossible for The Avengers. I already said that Saturday, May, 5, is a working day in Russia. So the opening weekend will be surely deflated. But then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are national holidays. It needs to gross as much as it can in those four days Sunday till Wednesday. After the holidays everything will drop like a stone no matter what. And a week after that new strong releases will smash everything.

I would say it is totally impossible for The Avengers. I already said that Saturday, May, 5, is a working day in Russia. So the opening weekend will be surely deflated. But then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are national holidays. It needs to gross as much as it can in those four days Sunday till Wednesday. After the holidays everything will drop like a stone no matter what. And a week after that new strong releases will smash everything.

I just hope he can beat John Carter's OW, it's more likely I think.

I just hope he can beat John Carter's OW, it's more likely I think.

Even this will require a big miracle. John Carter opened with the all-time biggest opening day on another national holiday March, 8. People had three days free of work instead of one this time. But after that Monday and Tuesday should be really HUGE. These two days will definitely bring more than entire 4day weekend. Edited by juni78ukr

Even this will require a big miracle. John Carter opened with the all-time biggest opening day on another national holiday March, 8. People had three days free of work instead of one this time. But after that Monday and Tuesday should be really HUGE. These two days will definitely bring more than entire 4day weekend.

I continue to hope for $50 million in Russiafor TA :P

That is what the franchise has done here before Russia - CIS $9,386,135 $6,375,681 $14,762,084 $16,543,455 $8,638,710 9.4 + 6.4 + 14.8 + 16.5 + 8.6 = 55.7 ;)again Thor mythologicaly themed won

Thor is the most recent of them, it's important to say it, because the growth of the Russian market is high, I think it's a reason why it surpassed them.So, given the growth of Russian market I expect The Avengers will have the most impressive scores of all Marvel movies.

Your forecasts about Avengers in Russia?

25-3o mln would be ok, 30-35 mln would be prettry good, anything above what will be just insane.

Thor is the most recent of them, it's important to say it, because the growth of the Russian market is high, I think it's a reason why it surpassed them.So, given the growth of Russian market I expect The Avengers will have the most impressive scores of all Marvel movies.

The most recent of them is Captain America last sammer. $8.6 mln total.

25-3o mln would be ok, 30-35 mln would be prettry good, anything above what will be just insane.The most recent of them is Captain America last sammer. $8.6 mln total.

Captain America is just ok, not an excellent movie, so I can understand.But The Avengers seems AWESOME B)

Another deflated weekend with working Saturday by the way.

nice cheetah!Are these working Saturdays ordered by the government, or do the companies decide them as it is the case with us? Edited by Rudolf

nice cheetah!Are this working Saturdays ordered by the government, or do the companies decide them as it is the case with us?

They are ordered by the government for all public workers and recommended for private comanies. It's a very common practice to make a better use for holidays. So three Saturdays in a row will be working days. But Monday April, 30 will be a holiday instead and russians will get three days out of work Sunday-Monday-Tuesday instead of Saturday-Sunday-Tuesday.Next week will be the same. Saturday, May, 5 and Saturday, May, 12, are working days for Monday and Tuesday, May 7 and 8. And four days from May 6 to May 9 will be holidays.