Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

WOLVIE total prediction?

It's hard to put these indicators into perspective: this Russian thread used Ruble, the French uses tickets, the HK thread uses weekly drops. 

Kinometro gives numbers in dollars too.

For The Wolverine we can hope for a total around $22m-$25m, it's huge given the previous X-Men movies never reached $10m.

It's a good omen for X-Men Days of Future Past in 2014.

NEXT RELEASES IN RUSSIA :

The Smurfs 2 : August 1st

Despicable Me 2 : August 15th

Kick Ass 2 : September 5th

The World's End : September 5th

Riddick : September 12th

Gravity : October 3rd

Ender's Game : October 31st

Thor The Dark World : November 7th

The Hunger Games Catching Fire : November 21st

Frozen : November 27th

The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug : December 19th

Jack Ryan : December 26th

Interesting fact : Jack Ryan is taking place in Russia and has been shot in Moscow, the movie could benefit from it.

NEXT RELEASES IN RUSSIA :

The Smurfs 2 : August 1st

Despicable Me 2 : August 15th

Kick Ass 2 : September 5th

The World's End : September 5th

Riddick : September 12th

Gravity : October 3rd

Ender's Game : October 31st

Thor The Dark World : November 7th

The Hunger Games Catching Fire : November 21st

Frozen : November 27th

The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug : December 19th

Jack Ryan : December 26th

Interesting fact : Jack Ryan is taking place in Russia and has been shot in Moscow, the movie could benefit from it.

Red 2: August 1st

How did THG do in Russia?Thor did pretty well, right? I hope for 25M for TDW.

Thor (2011) : $16.5m

The Hunger Games (2012) : $13.4m

I expect 30-35m for Thor TDW (Avengers effect + inflation) and $25m for THG CF (growing popularity, like Twilight)

Thor (2011) : $16.5mThe Hunger Games (2012) : $13.4mI expect 30-35m for Thor TDW (Avengers effect + inflation) and $25m for THG CF (growing popularity, like Twilight)

Thor did well considering he's unknown and it's a superhero movie. I think 30-35m is a lot, that's asking for an OW that's on par with Thor's total. I'll be happy with 25M, and okay with 20M.

Thor did well considering he's unknown and it's a superhero movie. I think 30-35m is a lot, that's asking for an OW that's on par with Thor's total. I'll be happy with 25M, and okay with 20M.

Iron Man 2 grossed $14m, IM3 grossed 44m...Don't underestimate the Avengers' effect ;)

Thor worked here more like a fantasy movie. And usually they are wery popular here. For The Wolwerine even 2 multiplyer will be pretty hard. Still even 21-22m is a very strong total. 

Next week The Smurfs 2 (1200 screens) vs RED 2 (1000 screen). We have also 1200 screens in a preliminary report for Byzantium. But I really doubt it will get half of that. 

• Like 1

Thor worked here more like a fantasy movie. And usually they are wery popular here. For The Wolwerine even 2 multiplyer will be pretty hard. Still even 21-22m is a very strong total. 

Next week The Smurfs 2 (1200 screens) vs RED 2 (1000 screen). We have also 1200 screens in a preliminary report for Byzantium. But I really doubt it will get half of that. 

Only 1200 screens?

Pretty much normal for a rather frontloaded summer blockbuster. Similar to Paicific Rim two weeks ago. 

2.56m + 2.28m + 3.08m + 2.90m. Around 10.8m OW.  

Thanks juni :)

So 11/20 seems likely