Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

$11.2m OW for TASM2 would mean +18% over the OW of TASM, despite the disadvantageous exchange rate.+18% over the total of TASM ($22m) would mean $26m, or over $30m with the June 2012 exchange rate, not bad at all.

I would loooove 30 mill :)

I would loooove 30 mill :)

I'd love that as well, but I don't want to get my hopes up given the exchange rate, the Ruble strongly weakens with the situation in Ukraine, and Russia is in a recession now according to the Russian government (-0.5% for the first quarter of the year)

yeah TASm is 11.2m would be great

other predicts

Gazgolder (local movie) - 1.4K

Nut job -45%

СКОРЫЙ «МОСКВА – РОССИЯ» -45%

Fading Gigolo - 701K

Divergent -69%

Noah 224K

TWS ~200K

Juni's blog is alive btw

the problem I guess is with the sourse(sp?) of the numbers 

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1

yeah TASm is 11.2m would be great

other predicts

Gazgolder (local movie) - 1.4K

Nut job -45%

СКОРЫЙ «МОСКВА – РОССИЯ» -45%

Fading Gigolo - 701K

Divergent -69%

Noah 224K

TWS ~200K

Juni's blog is alive btw

the problem I guess is with the sourse(sp?) of the numbers 

The sources? What do you mean?

But Russia is one of the big expanding international markets, I believe, so this shouldn't come as a surprise.

Usually that wouldn't be surprising but the conflict in Ukraine and the recession in Russia affected the exchange rate which is quite bad so we never know.And if the economy doesn't recover soon, and nobody expects that, the growth of this market could come to and end..It's already the case in some way : the market expanded by 35%-45% a year before 2009 but in 2012 it expanded by 12% and in 2013 it was +6%, it's clearly a downward trend.

• Like 1

The sources? What do you mean?

good ol kinometro ofc what else :lol:

good luck Woody Allen btw!  

the holidays are going to help not only TASM hopefully  (I have a Bday on May 1st so I may go see TASM the 2nd time as a present :P )

Edited by Tauriel

Sorry, guys. I will explain everything later.

Last weekend was the weakest weekend of the year. A local comedy won with $2.29 mln on 1500 screens. Well below than expected.

Nut Job finished 2nd with $1.91m on 1864 screens. Pretty weak too for such huge screen number. Divergent was 3rd with $1.34 mln and 57% drop. $5.42 mln total after eleven days. 

Also opened Sabotage (828k on 810 screens), A Haunted House 2 (565k on 417 screens), Calvary (34k on 23 screens) and Tom a la Ferme (20k on 35 screens).  

Current totals for big movies: $32.88 mln Noah (4 weeks), $26.41 mln RIo 2 (5 weeks) and Captain America 2 $14.53 mln (3 weeks).

Hotel Grand Budapest passed $5mln. Terriffic gross for such a movie in our film market. 

• Like 9

As for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 OD looks like around $1.8-1.9m. Wiil update later.

Another local comedy should be on the 2nd place. 

Fading Gigolo is doing mediocre at very best. Cuban Fury is dead of arrival. 

Everything except Nut Job should  drop pretty hard. 

Next week will be four days of holidays in Russia. Thursday-Sunday.

However after Transcendence moved to July May holidays do not look strong anymore. 

• Like 4

As for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 OD looks like around $1.8-1.9m. Wiil update later.Another local comedy should be on the 2nd place. Fading Gigolo is doing mediocre at very best. Cuban Fury is dead of arrival. Everything except Nut Job should  drop pretty hard. Next week will be four days of holidays in Russia. Thursday-Sunday.However after Transcendence moved to July May holidays do not look strong anymore.

Is that a good number for TASM2 or just on par?