Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

how many days of holidays. I am assuming it should have extended 9 day OW. Can it gross 25M+ total.

Release date during a Saturday, holidays, falling Ruble...It's really difficult to know how far it can go...$20m would be great already but I hope for more.

• Like 2

What kind of OW can we expect? If it manages to open to 7M, the same multiplier as Brave would give it a around 21M. WIR multiplier would mean less than 20M.

$4m

With a Saturday release you can't expect much more, usually it's on Thursdays..

Edited by Fullbuster

$4m

With a Saturday release you can't expect much more, usually it's on Saturdays.

So we could expect better legs. Still, 20M + / - a few bucks is where it should land. I know it's too early, but based on these results and comparable titles, it should do over 350 OS (WIR made 280M and Brave - 300M). Maybe even close to 400M if it breaks out in some places. Good for it.

It's biggest problem is the stupid release schedule. It arives here at the end of January. By then, torrents should have it in almost Bluray quality. Same with a bunch of other countries. I understand that Disney wanted less competition for it from Penguins of Madagascar, but still.

Edited by James

So we could expect better legs. Still, 20M + / - a few bucks is where it should land. I know it's too early, but based on these results and comparable titles, it should do over 350 OS (WIR made 280M and Brave - 300M). Maybe even close to 400M if it breaks out in some places. Good for it.

It's biggest problem is the stupid release schedule. It arives here at the end of January. By then, torrents should have it in almost Bluray quality. Same with a bunch of other countries. I understand that Disney wanted less competition for it from Penguins of Madagascar, but still.

$4m

With a Saturday release you can't expect much more, usually it's on Thursdays..

Sorry, I made a mistake in the previous post.

I will watch it in a cinema, not with torrents :/

But yeah, these release dates are crappy, February in France :/ I can't believe it won't benefit from Christmas holidays here :(

It's 63% above Wreck-It Ralph in rubles, but WIR earned more in dollars. It's also on par with Tangled in rubles, although in dollars that movie made close to $9M. These exchange rates are so damn low...

Indeed, your example is shocking :o

It's 63% above Wreck-It Ralph in rubles, but WIR earned more in dollars. It's also on par with Tangled in rubles, although in dollars that movie made close to $9M. These exchange rates are so damn low...

so ruble has lost more than 3rd of its worth since last year. There is no way hobbit 3 makes close to hobbit 2. If this persists even Avengers 2 will struggle to gross 50M. I dont think admissions are growing at china's pace in russia.

• Like 1