Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

It is not a science where you can calcullate anything for many years in future. But it is always better to use knowledge, logic and common sense than throw some numbers just out of thin air. And trust me, I'm really good in using that. Been a box office writer for last 6 years on the biggest russian movie site give some advantage here.

I know ;) Its good to have you here :)

First very rough estimate is 63 mln RUB. Slightly more than Battleship in local currency. But below in $ thanks to free falling russian rouble. Somewhere around $1.94mln by yesterday official exchange rate. By tomorrow rates it will be only $1.87mln. Could gross between 330-350 mln RUB for the weekend I guess. Around $10m.And Men in Black 3 dropped by 60%. Could have been worse actually I believe.

$10m is ok for R-rated movie :)MIB3 will pass $30m next week I guess

$10m is ok for R-rated movie :)MIB3 will pass $30m next week I guess

The thing is we don't have in Russia or Ukraine such rating sistems. I really doubt someone will stop 13 or 14 years old from going to Prometheus. And many parents don't care about this. Extreme sex scenes and extreme gore that's what they are afraid. Prometheus doesnt qualify here. Anyway so far its going to gross well above expectations.

The thing is we don't have in Russia or Ukraine such rating sistems. I really doubt someone will stop 13 or 14 years old from going toPrometheus. And many parents don't care about this. Extreme sex scenes and extreme gore that's what they are afraid. Prometheus doesnt qualify here.Anyway so far its going to gross well above expectations.

Oh I didn't know! But I guess it's very good for this kind of movie :)

Hunger Games was not in 3D, and Prometheus is not a re-release. It should have done better than 10M given the hype and marketing.

The hype outside fanboys and web crowd is almost non-existent. Battleship was plain and simple. At least nearly everyone played that game as a kid. This one is different. And most likely it will beat Battleship in RUB.

The hype outside fanboys and web crowd is almost non-existent. Battleship was plain and simple. At least nearly everyone played that game as a kid. This one is different.And most likely it will beat Battleship in RUB.

RUB is falling...I wonder why, because Russian economy is pretty strong this year compared to Euro/US economies.. Edited by Fullbuster

The hype outside fanboys and web crowd is almost non-existent. Battleship was plain and simple. At least nearly everyone played that game as a kid. This one is different.And most likely it will beat Battleship in RUB.

I'd like to know your personnal forecasts for Madagascar 3,Spiderman, Ice Age 4 and Batman :)