Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

I wouldn't expect much more than 200-230m.

It's a pretty low number..Given the growth in theaters opened and the number of poor Russians the potential is still big.142 million inhabitants in Russia, but only 45 millions are in the middle class, so the potential of growth is big, 250m seems to be the floor, except if the ticket prices boom again..And theaters are mainly concentrated in the Moscow region..So the potential outside is untapped. Edited by Fullbuster

Cinema-going in the former communist countries doesn't seem to be much of a thing, that might change, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I study the language and I know pretty well the economy of the country, so I'm optimistic for the future :)

Looks like kinometro was on spot with Spider-Man predictions. Should be similar to Wrath of Titans (370 mln RUB) or a bit higher. Brave should drop at least by 60% but Madagascar 3 still doing pretty good.

So we can expect $25m for TASM in Russia, it's under my expectations but yet, that would be +78% over Spiderman 3, it's pretty good given Russians aren't fans of SH movies (but apparently this fact changes, TASM will have a good number and TF3 is in the top 10 all-time, maybe a new era).So, a good hold for Mad3 would mean $48m-49m, it's high.But Ice Age 4 will kill it, let's see if IA4 will have the OW record.

So we can expect $25m for TASM in Russia, it's under my expectations but yet, that would be +78% over Spiderman 3, it's pretty good given Russians aren't fans of SH movies (but apparently this fact changes, TASM will have a good number and TF3 is in the top 10 all-time, maybe a new era).

Unfortunately nearly all this increase will be thanks to growing ticket prices. In 2007 the average ticket price for Spider-Man 3 was 131 RUB. Now it should be at least 230-240 RUB. Edited by juni78ukr

Thursday estimates1. Amazing Spider-Man 2,366,0002. I Wany You 621,0003. Brave 202,0004. Abraham Lincoln 156,0005. To Rome With Love 122,000

Kinometro predicted $10.9M OW for TASM, apparently they will be right, in the best case we'll have $12m OW.Tengo Ganas de Ti is impressive for a Spanish movie.

It will be probably the 2nd best gross for an entirely european film in Russia. After French Asterix and Obelix 3 with $8.5m.

Asterix and Obelix in Britain this October should gross at least $13-15 mln.

Astérix will be interesting in October with no competition from US blockbusters.

For the moment I'm curious about the gross of TDKR,Russians don't seem excited about it, it's a little bit strange <_<

Well admissions will be pretty much the same though.

You know Kinometro expects $21m for TDKR, Russians aren't fans of superheroes at all.TASM would be the most successful SH movie after The Avengers ($43m) with $25m, and TDKR the third most successful with 21m, you see the picture? TDK flopped there in 2008, with $8m Edited by Fullbuster