Eric Prime

Cinemacon 2022 Discussion Thread

The black phone is a pretty weird thing to screen at a cinemacon isn't it?

Did the reactions to the screening it justify doing one?

9 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

10 and a quarter hours left until Disney! And I'm frankly not expecting much besides Avatar 2. Any future Star Wars movie announcements will likely be saved for Celebration next month, and I imagine Marvel will likely hold back as well until they're ready in their own terms. Disney will likely focus on their own live action and animated fare out of necessity. I hate spoiler culture so much.

would be nice if they committed to theatrical for their animated films in-house and Pixar. 

• Like 2

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

The black phone is a pretty weird thing to screen at a cinemacon isn't it?

Did the reactions to the screening it justify doing one?

Universal clearly thinks they have a hit on their hands, hence why they moved it out of its original early February opening and into a prime summer spot. I'm looking forward to it, here for Hawke sinking his teeth into a creepy kidnapper/killer role such as this.

5 hours ago, MultiverseXXR said:

5.5 hours until the Disney panel. I think it’s obvious we will get something for Avatar 2 but I’m curious if we get something unexpected. I can’t imagine they will give any MCU or SW announcements, nor do I expect any new trailers/footage from those properties (except maybe a full length L&T trailer that the doesn’t get released to the public for another month.)

Im guessing it’ll lean heavier on Disney live-action and WDAS/Pixar.

If generosity and good still exists in this world, someone will post the link to the blog before the presentation starts. 

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Nah it’s happened before, they did the same with the Nicole Kidman Bewitched film and Stepford Wives back in the day, because they didn’t want a skewed score. 

You're making things up that I know for a fact are not true lol. I'm telling you firsthand with actual knowledge, not every single demographic gets into screenings BUT demographics are not exclusively limited. It's about quota..which you seem to agree with! But no, Bros did not disallow gay audiences into the screening. They maybe did not allow every gay audience member in line

• ...wtf 1

Feige says they have a board with thhe next 10 years of movies

So the whole we have content till 2028 is no longer true
  • Haha 1