Eric Prime

Cinemacon 2022 Discussion Thread

Interesting (though not overly surprising) that Harvey apparently won't be depicted at all in She Said. I read the book and he definitely makes at least one critical appearance (though his ominous presence is definitely felt throughout) so fascinated to see how they handle that in the movie. There will be controversy if it follows the book, that's all I'll say.

20 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I've been bearish on it for a long time.

It will make tons of money......but the thing about Avatar is that it did not have the pop culture impact you think the biggest moneymaker of all time would have. Of course it has a good size fanbase, but among the GA the charecters are simply not that well remembered. Peronsllay, the only one who made an impact on me was Stephan Lang. For once the cliche was true:The villian was the best role.

Take way the ground breaking visuals, and you have a pretty good, average sci fi adventure film that suffers a little from having it's message forced down your throat .Nothing the memorable.

I think the script has got to be a lot better for the sequel for it to have a realistic chance of coming close to the first.

Edited by dudalb

My issue with the 'no cultural impact' Avatar stuff is like, sure on the internet. But the internet's not a great determinator of that. For all we know Avatar is super well remembered among the general audience and we just don't see that. Maybe it appeals to demographics that tend to not be online. etc

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Interesting (though not overly surprising) that Harvey apparently won't be depicted at all in She Said. I read the book and he definitely makes at least one critical appearance (though his ominous presence is definitely felt throughout) so fascinated to see how they handle that in the movie. There will be controversy if it follows the book, that's all I'll say.

Actually I thiink  not showing Weinstein might be the right approach.

Just now, watcher1232 said:

My issue with the 'no cultural impact' Avatar stuff is like, sure on the internet. But the internet's not a great determinator of that. For all we know Avatar is super well remembered among the general audience and we just don't see that. Maybe it appeals to demographics that tend to not be online. etc

Problem with that is that the internet culture is much ,much more into Sci fi then the GA. If it did have a big cultural impact on the geek community, I doubt it did on the GA who is not nearly so much into sci fi..

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Problem with that is that the internet culture is much ,much more into Sci fi then the GA. If it did have a big cultural impact on the geek community, I doubt it did on the GA who is not nearly so much into sci fi..

I mean you say that but look at JP, SW etc. I don't think it's that simple. We'll see for sure in December but that's why Avatar's such a toss-up domestically.

Anything on Borderlands , which I am interested in since I am a big fan of the games.

I wonder if they will kepp the name Pandora for the movie;that was one of the best jokes in the games..and yes, it is a joke on Avatar. since the planet in the game is an absolute hell hole,as far away from Pandora in Avatar as you can get.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Actually I thiink  not showing Weinstein might be the right approach.

Oh for sure. Keep the focus on the victims and the real heroes who brought him down (as well as the people who really deserve the "they knew" backlash), not the monster.

1 minute ago, watcher1232 said:

I mean you say that but look at JP, SW etc. I don't think it's that simple. We'll see for sure in December but that's why Avatar's such a toss-up domestically.

I thiink A2 be a huge hit, but I don't expect it to come near to doing what the oriiginal did.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Anything on Borderlands , which I am interested in since I am a big fan of the games.

I wonder if they will kepp the name Pandora for the movie;that was one of the best jokes in the games..and yes, it is a joke on Avatar.

That's lionsgate so u might hear something tomorrow 

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I wonder if they will kepp the name Pandora for the movie;that was one of the best jokes in the games..and yes, it is a joke on Avatar.

I hope Lionsgate announces something about it! It supposedly finished filming in June of 2021 so now would be the time to announce it and date it.