Eric the Marxist

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

26 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I wouldn't say it's that spoilery, think the US trailer might've benefited from the extra dramatic weight at the end. 

Really hoping they hone in on that heart in the final stretch.

I'm braced for a soft opening, but hopefully no worse than Ratatouille unadjusted. If it has a similar reception hopefully it will have similar legs.

60m would be pretty good but would still need solid legs off that. I assume this is on the higher end of Pixar budgets judging by how much the tech is being hyped up.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

The goal for this should be $500M. $600M+ would be great! They seem mighty confident with what they have here. Not gonna lie I’m getting excited for this! I also think people have been too harsh on the studio. Lightyear wasn’t good and shouldn’t have ever been made, but Turning Red, Soul, Onward and Luca all ranged from good to great. In terms of American animation studios they are still the best in making quality films. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JohnCarterofEarth said:

The goal for this should be $500M. $600M+ would be great! They seem mighty confident with what they have here. Not gonna lie I’m getting excited for this! I also think people have been too harsh on the studio. Lightyear wasn’t good and shouldn’t have ever been made, but Turning Red, Soul, Onward and Luca all ranged from good to great. In terms of American animation studios they are still the best in making quality films. 

yeah I agree that all of those are quality movies, except for Onward, mostly because I haven't seen it.

I don't think Elemental will be up to the standards of Soul, Luca and Turning Red but I think it will be good.

Where are you getting a goal of $500 million though? I don't think, considering the strong US dollar, that overseas gross will be enough for that.