Porthos

Star Wars: Skeleton Crew | 2023 | Jude Law stars, Jon Watts directs

After months of chatter in the scooper sphere, it's now (mostly) official:

Another new series on the horizon doesn’t even have a title, just a code name: Grammar Rodeo, a reference to an episode of The Simpsons in which Bart and his schoolmates steal a car and run away for a week, using a phony educational event as an alibi. The show takes place during the post–Return of the Jedi reconstruction that follows the fall of the Empire, the same as The Mandalorian, but its plot remains a secret. It’s created and executive-produced by director Jon Watts and writer Chris Ford, who made Spider-Man: Homecoming for Marvel. A casting notice has called for four children, around 11 to 12 years old. Inside Lucasfilm, the show is being described as a galactic version of classic Amblin coming-of-age adventure films of the ’80s.

Source:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/05/star-wars-cover-the-rebellion-will-be-televised

The most surprising thing here is that it isn't set in the "High Republic" era, as had been thought.

Not much else confirmed now, but if this really is gonna be shooting soon as the scooper-sphere thinks, we should find out more in a couple of weeks time at Celebration.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

This is the most interesting news from Star Wars in a long time for me. I remember one of the Legends stories being this padawan who survived Order 66 on a spaceship and ended up being raised by a protocol droid and grew up kind of odd;

Something with feral children in a junkship avoiding Jude Law would be pretty cool.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

New ‘Star Wars’ Series, Shonda Rhimes’ ‘The Residence’ Top Shows Nabbing California Tax Credits (THR)

Star Wars: Skeleton Crew is forecasted to account for the largest qualified spend of the seven series, with nearly $136 million in expenditures during its first season. The show, which was awarded $20.9 million in credits, follows a group of lost kids trying to find their way home. The new addition to the expanding Star Wars universe starring Jude Law and directed by Spider-Man trilogy director Jon Watts is slated for a 2023 Disney+ release.

Huh.  Not exactly going cheap here. Has implications for what demo market this series is gonna be targeting as well as marketing overall.

Inflation is a thing so it's not like $17m per now (136m/8 episodes) would be the same as $17m per in 2019, but this is prob in the same ballpark as $15m per in 2019m which I seem to recall being the ballpark range for Mando S1.

Frankly a little surprised here, as I expected this to not get quite the same level of resources as other SW shows.  Interesting.

• Like 4

What's is this show, gotta say this wasn't anywhere near the top of my most anticipated Star Wars shows but with the talent they are bringing on that is starting to change. Very interested in seeing some footage now at the very least.  

• Like 1