baumer

Monday Numbers

Hating on it? Really? I didn't mean for it to come out that way. It was an honest assessment. And besides, isn't the Sunday number accurate since the rest of weekend is skewed because of Easter as well?

No, because that wouldn't explain how some film can have really small drops or even increases on Monday. Easter Monday or not, that kind of thing isn't possible if Sunday wasn't deflated.IMO Easter weekend just makes things more confusing and it's hard to know what it's Fri-Sun would have been on a normal weekend. What we do know is that it held well today in comparison to the other films.And I didn't really mean hating. I meant underestimating.

But blackspider, spizzer got basically the same number as I did.What do you think it will drop today?

I'm thinking like 25% to around 3.1m. Tuesday factor will lessen the blow. Maybe even less of a drop. Edited by blackspider

I'm thinking like 25% to around 3.1m. Tuesday factor will lessen the blow. Maybe even less of a drop.

I think you're being way too generous. If it would have fallen 37% on Sunday, like normal, it would have been at 8.2, then give it a 69% Monday drop to 2.5. If it jumped up 20% on Tuesday, you have 3.0. That's how you are getting your number and I think you are ignoring the fact that the weekend numbers were already inflated. But we'll see soon.

I think you're being way too generous. If it would have fallen 37% on Sunday, like normal, it would have been at 8.2, then give it a 69% Monday drop to 2.5. If it jumped up 20% on Tuesday, you have 3.0. That's how you are getting your number and I think you are ignoring the fact that the weekend numbers were already inflated. But we'll see soon.

Friday is the only day that gets inflated on the weekend. The deflated Saturday and Sunday counteract that. Look at the holds this past weekend. There's nothing that jumps at you and know it's a holiday weekend whereas it would for a holiday like Memorial weekend or Christmas. Easter doesn't do much to inflate weekend grosses so we can pretty much assume THG would have gotten that number, even without Easter.

Aw, the like buttons are gone again? I never noticed any difference in the way the forum ran, I wish they were brought back again.

Same. This forum seems pretty ADD to me. Sometimes its been running great lately, other times it's back to being awful again. I haven't noticed any difference since the like buttons were removed.