IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Inside Out 2 #1 with best 2024 OW

To the German speakings here, interested in GotG:

I am usually not one who would look into a Game site for a movie review, but via news this popped up;

rather positive ~ review, but with this hint

Deshalb empfehlen wir auch, den Film im Original zu sehen – denn in der deutschen Übersetzung dürften einige Gags und Untertöne verloren gehen.

http://www.pcgames.de/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Film-259252/Specials/Filmkritik-Star-Wars-trifft-Marvel-trifft-Western-und-damit-voll-ins-Schwarze-1133056/

To the German speakings here, interested in GotG:

I am usually not one who would look into a Game site for a movie review, but via news this popped up;

rather positive ~ review, but with this hint

http://www.pcgames.de/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Film-259252/Specials/Filmkritik-Star-Wars-trifft-Marvel-trifft-Western-und-damit-voll-ins-Schwarze-1133056/

We should mention that translated into English that means: "Watch the movie in the original language (English) to get all the jokes."

We should mention that translated into English that means: "Watch the movie in the original language (English) to get all the jokes."

Hmm, I use google translate in such cases... ;)

Planed to do it on my own, tried out the translate thingy, I think google was better than my version, so here the google version: :ph34r:

Therefore, we also recommend to see the movie in the original - because in the German translation is likely some gags and undertones are lost.

I think there is a grammar mistake around 'German translation' :thinking:

Marvel Deutschland @MarvelDE 47 mins

RT, wenn ihr schon die Stunden bis zum Kinostart zählt! #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy https://amp.twimg.com/v/84747650-dc8e-4e9c-894e-9fdf5e74873b 

(trailer included with that tweet)

But who follows normally Marvel DE?

I like the Ex3 number! Of course it could have been (even) better, but first there was the leak (and over the weeks everyone heard of it) and second (and this was the bigger problem) many germans still look if something is a hit in the US and if it is called a flop they trend to avoid the movie or let's say at least the ethusiasm is gone. Some german boxofficegurus said Ex3 will lose 50% here too and I was not sure either.

I'm curious how Sin City 2 will do. It was very anticipated, but after the boxoffice-shock the buzz around it becomes more and more negative (I know how stupid this is). The comments changed from "I must see it " to "maybe I will see it...someday...maybe rent it". But I'm pretty sure SC2 will not (completely) flop because the first one is too well liked here.

With this opening weekend insidekino.de predicts a total of around 800.000 moviegoers for Ex3. With the higher ticket price this would mean a total of 9 - 9.5 M$ (Ex1 8.2, Ex2 12.1)

Austrian numbers look sad, too. Even an unusually strong last quarter wouldn't save 2014, and there's no indication it will be very strong. The MadPenguins and Hobbit3 are the only blockbusters - anything else doing big numbers would be mighty welcome but a surprise.

edit: plus Mockingjay, should have a nice run too! Still too little, too late for 2014 ...

If I go my my theater, GotG will open lower than Lucy.

Edited by IndustriousAngel

Austrian numbers look sad, too. Even an unusually strong last quarter wouldn't save 2014, and there's no indication it will be very strong. The MadPenguins and Hobbit3 are the only blockbusters - anything else doing big numbers would be mighty welcome but a surprise.

edit: plus Mockingjay, should have a nice run too! Still too little, too late for 2014 ...

If I go my my theater, GotG will open lower than Lucy.

I think the soccer championship had partly to do with that (also in Austria watched as far as I know).

Also to be honest, some movies I prefer to watch at home since some time, to drive as long as I have to drive and then sit within too often not silent co-viewers...

=> but big event movies, or movies with wide range views... => still best to watch on a big screen I try to watch in a cinema.

I think I'm also not the only one who usually watches the movies in the original language, here in my 'nearest' cinema they show one movie a week for one screening in English, midweeks and a bit late for my driving => in summer no problem, in snowy winters => no fun to drive home again

GotG dubbing in the trailers... not to my taste. I so hope the movie will be still ~ as enjoyable as I think the English version is

Just back from watching GotG in German.

After seeing it already in English I'd think Marvel should fire the dubbing company.

Not sure how the GA will react, as they mostly will not have that comparison.

Shortly before 15:00 o'clock, theater was ~ a bit over 50% filled.

• Like 1

Just back from watching GotG in German.

After seeing it already in English I'd think Marvel should fire the dubbing company.

Not sure how the GA will react, as they mostly will not have that comparison.

Shortly before 15:00 o'clock, theater was ~ a bit over 50% filled.

Could be a bit like The Lego Movie, which did great in the U.S. and other English-speaking countries, but wasn't that strong everywhere else.

• Like 1

Could be a bit like The Lego Movie, which did great in the U.S. and other English-speaking countries, but wasn't that strong everywhere else.

Haven't seen both versions (English and German), was it also changed via dubbing?

I've written some - I think - spoiler free details at GotG (still with spoiler tags, to be sure...).

Haven't seen both versions (English and German), was it also changed via dubbing?

I've written some - I think - spoiler free details at GotG (still with spoiler tags, to be sure...).

I didn't see LEGO in English myself, I just heard from other people who saw it in English that some of the jokes got lost and/or didn't work in the dubbing.

That I am used too, also not the first time characters get changed via the voice and how the voice is used and changed text... but the sum is to my taste this time a bit much. I still like the movie in German, but love it in English

• Like 1