Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

3 hours ago, Apollo2xx said:

I2 is.... good, but not much more than that.

Don't understand its A+ cinemascore and 182 million OW.

Kids liked it though and hype is huge here in Brazil, so we should expect some nice numbers.

It was an anticipated sequel people have been waiting for for 14 years. Not hard to understand why it made that much on OW. 

28 minutes ago, Apollo2xx said:

6.5 million OW. Underwhelming for me.

There weren't many people in the theater though.

Wait? Are you talking about The Incredibles 2?

Don't forget that the exchange rates is at its most atrocious level since December 2015, when the worst levels were reached!

With $6.5m OW it gets enough to beat the first movie in local currency right in its OW!

34 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Wait? Are you talking about The Incredibles 2?

Don't forget that the exchange rates is at its most atrocious level since December 2015, when the worst levels were reached!

With $6.5m OW it gets enough to beat the first movie in local currency right in its OW!

How does it compare to Dory in local?

47 minutes ago, UserHN said:

How does it compare to Dory in local?

18 minutes ago, Apollo2xx said:

Incredibles 2 made around 25.2 million reais and Dory did 28.5 million.

That's excellent, particularly with the World Cup around :)

I2 was great, very fun!

Theater was almost empty, though... Then again, I took my daughter to see it on Thursday. I guess it should be performing much better on weekends.

The Bao short was another great surprise, but there's a dark moment in it. I'm not sure if it's aimed at kids. I understood it perfectly and I could see where they were going with it ( twist was good ), but some kinds did scream when the dark moment happened and it was indeed weird seeing that being played before Incredibles 2.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UserHN said:

What's your prediction for I2's total in Brazil?

With the WorldCup and Ant-Man 2 I don't see it reaching Finding Dory (R$114m) but who knows? I expect something between 95-105m in local currency. I won't speak in USD because the exchange rate is ridiculously atrocious.

9 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

With the WorldCup and Ant-Man 2 I don't see it reaching Finding Dory (R$114m) but who knows? I expect something between 95-105m in local currency. I won't speak in USD because the exchange rate is ridiculously atrocious.

Is this the only major market so far where it's trailing Dory?

3 hours ago, UserHN said:

Is this the only major market so far where it's trailing Dory?

Don't know, I didn't check the comparisons between both movies but that wouldn't be a shock, Finding Dory did exceptionally well for an animated movie, it's the 2nd biggest of all time.

16 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I2 was great, very fun!

Theater was almost empty, though... Then again, I took my daughter to see it on Thursday. I guess it should be performing much better on weekends.

The Bao short was another great surprise, but there's a dark moment in it. I'm not sure if it's aimed at kids. I understood it perfectly and I could see where they were going with it ( twist was good ), but some kinds did scream when the dark moment happened and it was indeed weird seeing that being played before Incredibles 2.

Glad you liked it, as a huge fan of Disney/Pixar Im' happy of this global success :)

I'm not here much to show my joy but I'm relaxing these days, summer time, which is now including social networks.

• Like 1