Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

U$6.8M weekend. Will be very close to The Avengers' total at the end (almost U$64M). I still think it will pass it, my prediction is U$65.2M. :ph34r:

The good news is that we just took Mexico's spot on the international ranking. We're #4 now (including China)! 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Humbgul said:

U$6.8M weekend. Will be very close to The Avengers' total at the end (almost U$64M). I still think it will pass it, my prediction is U$65.2M. :ph34r:

The good news is that we just took Mexico's spot on the international ranking. We're #4 now (including China)! 

The Big problem is it passed 200m lc today !! With last weeks exchange rates it would have been at $56.8m

Edited by pepsa

31 minutes ago, pepsa said:

And with the exchange rates of it's OW it would be at $58.1m

It's a miracle that IW still has a shot to pass The Avengers' total with this awful exchange rate. Never thought it would be possible.

And just to think that with The Avengers 2012 exchange rate (when U$1 = R$1,88) the movie would be at around U$105M already... :ohmygod:

• Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Humbgul said:

It's a miracle that IW still has a shot to pass The Avengers' total with this awful exchange rate. Never thought it would be possible.

And just to think that with The Avengers 2012 exchange rate (when U$1 = R$1,88) the movie would be at around U$105M already... :ohmygod:

That's true but a bit got compensated with more expensive tickets. The ER drop since 3 weeks ago won't be partly compensated :( But yeah $100m would be insane !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pepsa said:

Did exchange rates change in the last few days, I could have sworn that  200m lc was around $57m a week back. 

Are you sure it's working that way? Last time I checked the numbers in USD are always estimated through the exchange rate during the OD of a movie?

Edited by Fullbuster

4 hours ago, Humbgul said:

How Brazil feels after passing Mexico :

giphy.gif

:shades:

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

Are you sure it's working that way? Last time I checked the numbers in USD are always estimated through the use of the exchange rate during the OD of a movie?

That would be strange cause RTH said it should hit $200lc sunday or monday. With the EX on it's ow 26th it would be at $57.6m, $58.1m if it's sunday 29th ER. And it's 'only' at $55.6m so i don't think we ll get a 2m monday.

This Chinese number gives me a weird feeling to be honest....On one hand it's a fantastic OW for such a movie, on the other hand the hyped was so strong that many of us expected higher (at least $215m). Happy and slightly disappointed at the same time.

1464587592649.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pepsa said:

That would be strange cause RTH said it should hit $200lc sunday or monday. With the EX on it's ow 26th it would be at $57.6m, $58.1m if it's sunday 29th ER. And it's 'only' at $55.6m so i don't think we ll get a 2m monday.

That's definitely confusing... Can you enlighten us @Rthanos? :)

Edited by Fullbuster

So Age of Ultron added U$12M more to its run after its third weeekend (which was U$5.1M), Infinity War made U$6.8M on its third weekend... Could it do U$15M more and reach U$70M? I don't think so, but it's interesting to think about. :ph34r: 

Mad Max: Fury Road was the first "big" competition against Age of Ultron, and it opened on AoU's 4th weekend. Just like Deadpool 2 is going to open on Infinity War's 4th weekend, but Deadpool 2 is much bigger, of course.

And on IW's 5th weekend we have Han Solo... while Age of Ultron had nothing (only the opening of the Poltergeist's remake which made U$5M total).

So yeah, IW's competition is much bigger and is going to affect the movie a lot. That's why I think it'll "only" add U$10M~12M from now on. But that's enough to go above The Avengers.

What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Humbgul said:

So Age of Ultron added U$12M more to its run after its third weeekend (which was U$5.1M), Infinity War made U$6.8M on its third weekend... Could it do U$15M more and reach U$70M? I don't think so, but it's interesting to think about. :ph34r: 

Mad Max: Fury Road was the first "big" competition against Age of Ultron, and it opened on AoU's 4th weekend. Just like Deadpool 2 is going to open on Infinity War's 4th weekend, but Deadpool 2 is much bigger, of course.

And on IW's 5th weekend we have Han Solo... while Age of Ultron had nothing (only the opening of the Poltergeist's remake which made U$5M total).

So yeah, IW's competition is much bigger and is going to affect the movie a lot. That's why I think it'll "only" add U$10M~12M from now on. But that's enough to go above The Avengers.

What do you guys think? 

Yeah it will fall a litle harder, but it was stronger so far. If the ER goes back to it's early point $70m is doable. So I would like to ask for a better ER :P

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Yeah it will fall a litle harder, but it was stronger so far. If the ER goes back to it's early point $70m is doable. So I would like to ask for a better ER :P

F***ING EXCHANGE RATE!!!!!!

original.gif

• Haha 1

I'm not sure I will follow the box office in June, or at least I'll be much less active until Incredibles 2 releases in France (July 4).

Not because of the World Cup (I don't give a damn about football/soccer) but because of E3 2018, I'll be 100% focused on videogames you can be sure of it.

I'll still be there to comment some big releases's OW but not extensively.

I can't wait to see what Pokémon, Fire Emblem and the new Retro Studios game look like on Nintendo Switch, DAMMIT :o 1 month to go!!!!

• Like 1