Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

It must win the next two matches. But the second of that group will play against Brazil so it will say bye bye to the World Cup sooner than expected anyway...Tonight England-Italy ;-)

Won't be easy,but if they feel humiliated they can recover.Angriness can be useful.

Del Bosque needs to make many changes. Pique is a sub-standard CB, although Ramos yesterday was also bad. Martinez should be starting.

Xavi now has lost his magic and a little bit of pace. Would like to see Koke start.

Pedro should have started to provide pace and width. The midfield was so tight and linear.

And of course, DeGea over Casillas. Casillas was never the greatest to deal with crosses, now looks completely out of sorts (CL Final, Atletico goal was also his fault.)

With the victories of Brazil,Colombia and Chile we can say South America started on a strong note :D

Colombia and Chile were playing weak teams that they were supposed to win against, and Uruguay just lost a game they were supposed to win. So they haven't been very impressive really.

• Like 3

England lost :(Japan lost :(I bet on Ecuador and France for the next games.

I would go with Switzerland, Ecuador seem too dependant on the high altitude in their home games which won't help them here.

• Like 1

I would go with Switzerland, Ecuador seem too dependant on the high altitude in their home games which won't help them here.

Oh you gave it a lot of thought :P I just bet on it because South America is on a winning streak :P But like you said it could be pure luck ^^"

Oh you gave it a lot of thought :P I just bet on it because South America is on a winning streak :P But like you said it could be pure luck ^^"

Ecuador is special because they play their home games at a high altitude which is hard to do if you are not used to it, and they get almost all their points by taking advantage of this.

Ecuador's record in qualification:

Home: 7 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses.

away: 0 wins, 3 draws, 5 losses.

As you can see, huge difference.

Also, the last South American team to play was Uruguay with 3-1 loss.

• Like 2

Ecuador is special because they play their home games at a high altitude which is hard to do if you are not used to it, and they get almost all their points by taking advantage of this.Ecuador's record in qualification:Home: 7 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses.away: 0 wins, 3 draws, 5 losses.As you can see, huge difference.Also, the last South American team to play was Uruguay with 3-1 loss.

Mmm,interesting to know.I still bet on Ecuador because that would be too easy to step back,I must assume :P But given what you said Switzerland should be the frontrunner :)

About the BO : How to Train Your Dragon 2 comes next week.I hope the WC won't kill it!

Well, the first one sold less than 2m tickets and releasing a movie for boys during the World Cup doesn't seem very clever but the Winter Holidays (first 2 weeks of July) should help the dragon.
  • Like 1

Well, the first one sold less than 2m tickets and releasing a movie for boys during the World Cup doesn't seem very clever but the Winter Holidays (first 2 weeks of July) should help the dragon.

I'm a bit more optimistic right now :D