Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Morto! Your portuguese is really good.    ^_^

Why did you start learning portuguese, by the way? Are you interested in our culture?   :wub:

Russian was my third language but it's quite a difficult one and Russia was starting to go in a horrible direction economically speaking (and my fears have been confirmed), but I still wanted a third language to make a difference on the workplace so I had to choose between keeping Russian, starting Chinese, Japanese or Brazilian Portuguese. Chinese requires a huge amount of time while being very difficult and 7 years of intense learning is just too much given I'm not in middle school or high school anymore, Japanese was fine but the country is economically declining and its population is increasingly smaller so that's not good for business...Portuguese, on the other hand, is close to Spanish and Brazil is a promising country with a huge potential so it was natural to take it. It was a difficult choice but it was a rational one, I needed 2 months to make this decision. Of course I didn't expect than the Brazilian economy would be so bad now but the reasoning doesn't change : it's promising with a huge consumer market on the long run. So no it's not about culture, it's a cold decision that is purely business-related.

• Like 2

Why did you start learning English, by the way? Are you interested in the American culture? :wub:

I started to be interested in English language and American culture when I was 6, everything started with the movie E.T The Extraterrestrial, my first videogames that were entirely in English and the X-Files TV series, it's a longstanding love story ^_^

• Like 2

I started to be interested in English language and American culture when I was 6, everything started with the movie E.T The Extraterrestrial, my first videogames that were entirely in English and the X-Files TV series, it's a longstanding love story ^_^

I understand you, my whole childhood was influenced by the American culture, I grow up watching their movies/ TV Series, listening their music, learning all their culture by TV, that's why I almost had a heart attack when I went to USA for the first time, it was such a nostalgic feeling :wub:

• Like 2

I understand you, my whole childhood was influenced by the American culture, I grow up watching their movies/ TV Series, listening their music, learning all their culture by TV, that's why I almost had a heart attack when I went to USA for the first time, it was such a nostalgic feeling :wub:

Obama-Thumbs-Up.jpg

• Like 2

Russian was my third language but it's quite a difficult one and Russia was starting to go in a horrible direction economically speaking (and my fears have been confirmed), but I still wanted a third language to make a difference on the workplace so I had to choose between keeping Russian, starting Chinese, Japanese or Brazilian Portuguese. Chinese requires a huge amount of time while being very difficult and 7 years of intense learning is just too much given I'm not in middle school or high school anymore, Japanese was fine but the country is economically declining and its population is increasingly smaller so that's not good for business...Portuguese, on the other hand, is close to Spanish and Brazil is a promising country with a huge potential so it was natural to take it. It was a difficult choice but it was a rational one, I needed 2 months to make this decision. Of course I didn't expect than the Brazilian economy would be so bad now but the reasoning doesn't change : it's promising with a huge consumer market on the long run. So no it's not about culture, it's a cold decision that is purely business-related.

Oh, I see. I always forget how big is our country.