Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

What do You think about Star Wars VII in Brazil by the way, There is a very strong hype about it worldwide.

I'm not a big fan myself but I really feel This one Will please me.

Well, Brazil is not a big fan of the SW franchise, the last movie released in 2005 for example, was not even in the Top 5 of year, and the hype for this new movie is also pretty low, anything above $15m would be a surprise

• Like 1

Fullbuster, is Civil War favorite to win 2016 in Brazil? What is your prediction for it?

It's difficult to say, if people sees it as a kind of Avengers 3 it can win 2016, on the other hand Ice Age 5 is expected to be huge given it's very liked franchise in Brazil, that will be a battle between these 2. That will be fascinating. Captain America 3 will be huge anyway, at least in local currency and admissions.

Nah, 2016 will be between: FD and IA6

CW: $26m-$28m

Your hatred toward Marvel makes you say unrealistic things. CA3 is clearly a top contender for the top spot, it's like saying Avengers wouldn't be a serious contender for top spot despite Avengers is the biggest franchise in Brazil. A movie with Avengers heroes fighting each other + the first appearance of the new Spider-Man = BIG WIN.

Nah, 2016 will be between: FD and IA6

CW: $26m-$28m

Pixar movies have struggled big time in Brazil so you really think it's going to fight IA5 for the year. Also what are your predictions for FD and IA5. Edited by druv10

Pixar movies have struggled big time in Brazil so you really think it's going to fight IA6 for the year. Also what are your predictions for FD and IA6.

The prediction for Finding Dory is based on FN's peformance 11 years ago, the market changed, and I'm not sure there is any excitement about it. I'm a huge Pixar fan and still I'm not excited about FD, I feel I'm not the only one feeling this. FN didn't need a sequel, it was fine at it was so I hope they'll find an innovative way to turn this into a good movie.

Edited by Fullbuster

Yeah, but FN is one of the most loved animated movie ever here, I really can see FD doing insane numbers...... I'm expecting:

IA6: $32m

FD: $30m

That wouldn't be that much, CA3 is very likely to do more than that, unless the exchange rate worsens significantly.

Edited by Fullbuster

The prediction for Finding Dory is based on FN's peformance 11 years ago, the market changed, and I'm not sure there is any excitement about it. I'm a huge Pixar fan and still I'm not excited about FD, I feel I'm not the only one feeling this. FN didn't need a sequel, it was fine at it was so I hope they'll find an innovative way to turn this into a good movie.

We're talking about Brazil, ppl will always be excited for a sequel, especially if is a sequel from a loved movie.....

We're talking about Brazil, ppl will always be excited for a sequel, especially if is a sequel from a loved movie.....

They like sequels, but usually sequels are not coming 11 years after, at least most of the time. The Hobbit came several years after LOTR3 and that didn't help it a lot, and it's unlikely to help SW7. Of course FN is more loved than these ones but will people care 11 years after? Animated movies were less developed 11 years ago with less competition, particularly for CGI movies, that's not exactly true these days.

You're thinking 35-40M for CA3?

Exactly. It has everything to do it, CA2 significantly improved over CA1 in $ despite a disadvantageous exchange rate so a CA3 with every Avengers + Ant-Man + the new Spider-Man? How could it disappoint? It's Brazil, Avengers are extremely popular heroes there, it will be big, it's a certainty. Don't forget : in local currency The Avengers 2 is the biggest movie of all-time in this country.

Edited by Fullbuster

They like sequels, but usually sequels are not coming 11 years after, at least most of the time. The Hobbit came several years after LOTR3 and that didn't help it a lot, and it's unlikely to help SW7. Of course FN is more loved than these ones but will people care 11 years after? Animated movies were less developed 11 years ago with less competition, particularly for CGI movies, that's not exactly true these days.

Yeah, they care, and yeah, it will be huge, you will see ;)