Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I finally watched Civil War. Well, I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it 

MI9d2Lz.gif

Now I got a ticket to see Alice 2, God help me.

You're definitely tasteless..Anyway, most of people prefered it to BVS, even your fellow Brazilians :P

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

ADMISSIONS : Civil War passed Batman versus Superman, a week ago.

Captain America CW : 8,666,000

Batman versus Superman : 8,624,000

This week it'll pass Ice Age 4 and Minions.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 3

In local currency Civil War reached R$137.4m, becoming the third biggest movie ever , ahead of Batman versus Superman (R$132m). Can it pass Fast&Furious 7 (R$142m)?

Yes, it's likely, and that would be amazing!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I'm happy Apocalypse is performing well here, such a great movie.

12 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Oh well, that was inevitable. I don't think CW is a much better movie than BVS but it doesn't really matter as Apocalypse is still better than both of them. I wonder where it ends up at.

I loved it as well. Not better than BVS for me, but definitely better than CW (and Deadpool).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackout said:

the rest of the world should learn from Brazil.

giphy.gif

Brazil could be the biggest fan of comicbook movies after the US and UK, tied with Mexico. Not so surprising :)

I'd love Brazil to learn from the rest of the world when it comes to Disney/Pixar animated movies :P

35 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Brazil could be the biggest fan of comicbook movies after the US and UK, tied with Mexico. Not so surprising :)

I'd love Brazil to learn from the rest of the world when it comes to Disney/Pixar animated movies :P

We just have loads of people I guess. The Brazilian movie market has so much untapped potential, our population is huge, those numbers really should be bigger.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

We just have loads of people I guess. The Brazilian movie market has so much untapped potential, our population is huge, those numbers really should be bigger.

It clearly should be bigger than..Its film market is twice smaller than France's despite a population that is three times bigger. You need to be patient, the economic crisis there slowed its cinema growth down and the awful exchange rate doesn't help at all. I can't wait for the day when a movie passes $100m there :P The Avengers 4 could be this movie : the final part, in 2019, a better economy, a better exchange rate..It's a long shot but hey :P

• Like 1

Warcraft gets its release date here, finally.

Too bad that most of the copies are dubbed, which is hilarious. Movie is called Meeting of Two Words, by the way. :(

I'll try to avoid the 3D version and the dubbed one, but there are few places screening the original version ( 2D ). These bastards can try, but I won't pay that insane ticket price, lol.