Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Well,with increases on weekend it's not unlikely to reach 16m.I think 15m is more likely but I'm the cautious kind,you can be hopeful :)

It'd be great if it could get to that number but I think $6mil Fri-Sun seems too high coming off 85k OD plus 2 weeks of previews. :)

Again, $10mil+ OW will contribute greatly to it's WW gross on Mon. I wonder who would win the WW weekend between TF4 and Apes2.

Its already done over lc24m/1.9m adm in what they are calling previews , OD should be close to lc1.9m

It'd be great if it could get to that number but I think $6mil Fri-Sun seems too high coming off 85k OD plus 2 weeks of previews. :) Again, $10mil+ OW will contribute greatly to it's WW gross on Mon. I wonder who would win the WW weekend between TF4 and Apes2.

$10.7 in previews + $0.85 OD = $11.55mIt needs $4.45m to reach $16m by Sunday. I think it's doable
  • Like 3

$10.7 in previews + $0.85 OD = $11.55mIt needs $4.45m to reach $16m by Sunday. I think it's doable

I didn't realise it's made that close to $12mil already. :ph34r:

$16mil is very possible then though my sceptical side still keep my expectation lower. ^_^

• Like 2

What was the economic effect of the World Cup on Brazil's economy? I expected a slightly positive effect but I was wrong,it was clearly bad o_o

Posted Image

RIO DE JANEIRO — Early indicators of Brazil’s economic performance during the World Cup period are starting to trickle in, and they aren’t pretty.

While the month-long tournament drew a million foreign tourists to Brazil–far exceeding official expectations–economists say its impact on other sectors of the economy was decidedly negative. Some World Cup host cities declared municipal holidays on days when matches were played in local stadiums, while untold legions of workers played hooky to watch the Brazilian national team’s seven games.

Brazil’s National Confederation of Industry, or CNI, said in a report Friday that its leading indicator of industrial production fell to the lowest level since 2010, when the survey began. Capacity utilization fell to 68%, the lowest level on record for any month, while “undesired” inventories soared.

“There are certainly some atypical factors in June and the World Cup affected the results in an exceptional way,” the CNI said. “Still, the survey results from recent months indicate that the negative environment isn’t new and that June’s deterioration should have lasting consequences.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/07/18/world-cup-hit-brazils-economy/

Posted Image

So,I was curious about the World Cup effect for Dilma Rousseff about her re-election,and I was not alone.This is the first poll since the event ended :

She would not win on the first round. There are several candidates, the article showed only the 3 with the most popularity. The scenario is this:

Dilma Rousseff 36%

Aécio Neves 20%

Eduardo Campos 8%

Everaldo 3%

Zé Maria 1%

Luciana Genro 1%

Rui Pimenta 1%

Eymael 1%

Levy Fidelix 0%

Mauro Iasi 0%

Dilma has the same amount that all the other candidates put together, however, she does not have more than them. In this scenario, we would have a second round between Dilma Rousseff and Aécio Neves. Though look at the number of undecided people: 

14%.

• Like 1

She would not win on the first round. There are several candidates, the article showed only the 3 with the most popularity. The scenario is this:

Dilma Rousseff 36%

Aécio Neves 20%

Eduardo Campos 8%

Everaldo 3%

Zé Maria 1%

Luciana Genro 1%

Rui Pimenta 1%

Eymael 1%

Levy Fidelix 0%

Mauro Iasi 0%

Dilma has the same amount that all the other candidates put together, however, she does not have more than them. In this scenario, we would have a second round between Dilma Rousseff and Aécio Neves. Though look at the number of undecided people: 

14%.

The second round will be very competitive.However I think she will win.

Why?

Because The other candidates would either support Rousseff or no one. He's not a nice person. Actually, he's a horrible person. 

But that's not why they wouldn't support him, it's because most candidates are quite similar to Dilma. Eduardo Campos used to be her ally when he was the governor of Pernambuco.

Edited by Wally

Because The other candidates would either support Rousseff or no one. He's not a nice person. Actually, he's a horrible person. 

But that's not why they wouldn't support him, it's because most candidates are quite similar to Dilma. Eduardo Campos used to be her ally when he was the governor of Pernambuco.

We'll see,but I don't expect a surprise anyway.

So Transformers 4 destroyed the third one in terms of opening weekend?

TF3 got a $5.7m OW so yeah TF4 will be well ahead,around 15m,maybe 16m. However TF4 got 2 weeks of previews so you can't really compare.Still a great start though,and TF3 should be passed.

• Like 1

So it looks like it should pass 22 mill with ease.

The competition from Apes 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy will slow it quite a lot so it won't go much higher,I bet on 24m-25m as a final tally.If we take the strong competition and the disadvantageous exchange rate it's a good performance.

• Like 2

Previews do screw up the real opening weekend number big time but since quite a few movies have done the same it's only fair, I think. In the end it's the total that count anyway.

Previews help its OW with WOM.

Apes 2 previews only have shows on late of night in only 1 screen/day per theater.

• Like 1