Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Because of the economic crisis there maybe?

Actually overall the box office is doing ok, just around 10% less admissions than last year and that was because of the World Cup, they reached the final for the first time since 1990, as I remember. The problem was that there were no superhits this year. Almost all the sequels did better or so much better than the previous films (with the exception of TASM 2 and Planes 2), also some local movies did good, but no movie was a super blockbuster this year
  • Like 1

Actually overall the box office is doing ok, just around 10% less admissions than last year and that was because of the World Cup, they reached the final for the first time since 1990, as I remember. The problem was that there were no superhits this year. Almost all the sequels did better or so much better than the previous films (with the exception of TASM 2 and Planes 2), also some local movies did good, but no movie was a super blockbuster this year

What do you expect for The Avengers 2 in Argentina? :D

Posted Image

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes reached $22.7m in 4 weeks.

That means it entered the top 10, passing Frozen.It will probably pass HTTYD2 and TASM2 and should become 8th biggest movie of the year (Apes 1 was 15th in 2011).With $22.7m Apes 2 is 55.5% bigger than Apes 1.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

Posted Image

Guys I started the first season of a American TV show from 1999 : Farscape. I love it, this show is absolutely fantastic :wub:

It has nothing to do with the thread but some advertisement for it can't do any harm :D

I saw this series years ago, I also liked it at the time. But it's more Australian than American.

• Like 1

I saw this series years ago, I also liked it at the time. But it's more Australian than American.

Oh! Indeed it's Australian :o

I was mistaken because it's featuring an American character and it was produced for an American channel ^^"

Oh! Indeed it's Australian :o

I was mistaken because it's featuring an American character and it was produced for an American channel ^^"

It was originally produced for an Australian channel, but also shown in america (and various other countries).

It was originally produced for an Australian channel, but also shown in america (and various other countries).

The 90s and beginning of 2000s were really a fantastic period for sci-fi TV shows with shows like Stargate and Farscape, such an imagination, you felt the writers were real dreamers :D

Now it's different, TV shows aren't bad at all, on the contrary they really improved as a whole but sci-fi shows are quite a rarity recently..The only exception is The 100, it's pretty good and promising but it's not the same scale than Farscape ^^

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

Posted Image

Guys I started the first season of a American TV show from 1999 : Farscape. I love it, this show is absolutely fantastic :wub:

It has nothing to do with the thread but some advertisement for it can't do any harm :D

IMHO one of the best Sci-Fi series

I never saw this. lol

What is the history?

If you think about watching it:

1. step is to not expect anything beforehand and to accept rather highly unusual creatures as they are

2. as so many series, also this series might need some episodes to get used to. I know some people who took a break after some episodes, weren't convinced, some even hated it, re-tried it for some reasons (me or my adult son or...) after a time and got to be very strong fans. Even one who is usually rather high nosed and very anti-Sci-Fi

3. It tells a continuing, rather complex story. It has a few episodes not really adding to the whole, but that are really only a few.

A lot of people who only missed one or two episodes were rather  :bulgingeyes: ... :wtf:  because they lost the 'thread'.

And don't be sleepy neither, not a few episodes have hints in later episodes needed/interesting again ;)

4. its quirky, action, drama, spy, group of misfits, ... story, that got moved around a bit, got canceled abruptly after 4 years, team and fans fought with partly rather funny ideas and as a result they got a ~mini-series to complete the story after a time. It's one of the few I am really happy they did that

• Like 1

IMHO one of the best Sci-Fi series

If you think about watching it:

1. step is to not expect anything beforehand and to accept rather highly unusual creatures as they are

2. as so many series, also this series might need some episodes to get used to. I know some people who took a break after some episodes, weren't convinced, some even hated it, re-tried it for some reasons (me or my adult son or...) after a time and got to be very strong fans. Even one who is usually rather high nosed and very anti-Sci-Fi

3. It tells a continuing, rather complex story. It has a few episodes not really adding to the whole, but that are really only a few.

A lot of people who only missed one or two episodes were rather  :bulgingeyes: ... :wtf:  because they lost the 'thread'.

And don't be sleepy neither, not a few episodes have hints in later episodes needed/interesting again ;)

4. its quirky, action, drama, spy, group of misfits, ... story, that got moved around a bit, got canceled abruptly after 4 years, team and fans fought with partly rather funny ideas and as a result they got a ~mini-series to complete the story after a time. It's one of the few I am really happy they did that

Aha we have a fan here :D

That's a bit weird that's for sure but it's really a master piece B)

• Like 1

By the way Henry :

Posted Image

Colombia is now the third biggest economy in Latin America (after Brazil and Mexico), the most dynamic (ahead of Peru) and the third most populated (after Brazil and Mexico). GIven its dynamism I think Colombia's box office could become bigger than Argentina's in a few years, it will be an interesting market to follow :)

• Like 1

Posted Image

COLOMBIA BOX OFFICE REVENUES (SIZE OF THE MARKET)

2007 : 79.6 million dollars

2008 : 85.6m

2009 : 106m

2010 : 138.1m

2011 : 157.3m

2012 : 175.3m

2013 : 188.3m

The Colombian Box Office grew by 111% in 6 years :o It's a promising market :D

I hope you will like these stats :D

Source : Statista

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

A friend absolutely wanted me to watch GOTG with him today despite I already watched (I never watch a movie more than once in a cinema),so he said he would pay my ticket,I could not refuse to help this great movie,so I'll watch it again in a few hours :D

• Like 3